What's new

Project 64k video problems

AMdeth

Everytime I start my Project64k I come up with "Direct 3D failed to initialize your HAL device make sure you have a properly configured 3D graphics card compatible with Direct 3D 6.0" I know it sounds a lot like the other thread that was posted earlier, but my regular Project 64 works fine. And I wanted to use 64k so I could play online with my friend. I tried using the graphics plugins that regular project 64 uses yet I come up with an error that says there is not enough video memory. Please help!

diZZious

Sounds like you don't have a good enough graphics card? either that or 64k isnt compatible with your gfx card or something. what card are you using?

Last edited:
OP
A

AMdeth

I'm using an ATI radeon 9550. hope that helps...it should be a good enough graphics card.

CyCo7

Have you tried setting your color quality to 16bits? I was having the same issue and changing to 16 bit fixed everything.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
the latest video drivers (forceware 90) breaks older support for Dx6, i found that 1.5.1 would not work under the new drivers but 1.5.2 would,

this is likely the problem.