What's new

Project 64K is crashing now!

KrazyKate

well, the PJ64 i've been using is apparently an outdated one (version 1.6). I found what I think is the latest (PJ64k version .13), but now it crashes whenever I try to run any ROMs.
what's up?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Project64 v1.6 isn't outdated, it's the most recent, not counting the 1.7 beta.

Project64K v0.13 is the latest version of said emulator. The only reason you'd want to use it is to play online (and PJ64K fails spectacularly at that every now and then). Since the K version is based on Project64 1.4, you definitely don't want to use it outside of online play.

P.S. The Project64 team didn't make Project64K, thus taking no responsibility for it, so technically this thread is in the wrong forum.

Toasty

Sony battery
Push the "Don't Crash" button. ;)

Without specifics on your problem, we can't give specifics on the solution. When exactly does it crash? Is there an error message? What are your computer specs? What plugins are you using? Et cetera.

Ma Chao

Proud Warrior
I think those crashes are random. At least from my experience, sometimes it crashed when opening the rom, started netplay, opened the emulator, and sometimes it didn't crash at all.

OP
K

KrazyKate

unfortunately, the crashes aren't random. None of the roms I have will work. I know it's not in the roms themselves because I can play them on normal pj64. it's only in pj64k that they don't work.

I'm running Vista. i dont know if that could cause problems or not.

Ma Chao

Proud Warrior
Running on XP here, it sometimes crashes, while sometimes it doesn't. I'm not that sure if it has anything to do with you running on Vista.