What's new

Project 64?

I was curious as to what is going on with PJ64 (if anything) and if the project is still being worked on and if another build will ever become available? Hopefully work is still being done, but if not, maybe this project could go open source so that the remaining games (like Rogue Squadron, and others) can be fixed at some point and people who wish to can generally just make the emulator better if they choose. I'm sure there are people who would be interested in this project if it were available. Why let it sit and rot and go to waste?

Last edited:
P

Pokemaniacs

I think you should pose the question in the official PJ64 forum.

P

Pokemaniacs

I am a 1964 fan not PJ64.
But you will probably get better answer over at PJ64 official forum - again, you will run into Squall over there too.
But I doubt it will ever go open source - good source of revenue.

Yeah, I just don't feel like registering over there so whoever comments here will have to do. It's not going to make much of a difference anyway I guess.

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
I was curious as to what is going on with PJ64 (if anything) and if the project is still being worked on and if another build will ever become available? Hopefully work is still being done, but if not, maybe this project could go open source so that the remaining games (like Rogue Squadron, and others) can be fixed at some point and people who wish to can generally just make the emulator better if they choose. I'm sure there are people who would be interested in this project if it were available. Why let it sit and rot and go to waste?

The 1.4 Source has been avalible for many years now and can be found here, so in a way it could easily have been picked up and indeed continued with a open source very much in mind. but sadly apart from the project64k attempt and of course pj-x for the x-box, i cant really see anything else done with it.

All of the parts are not there and it's a really old version. Thanks for the reply but I don't think people are going to get excited about that. It is something, but just not enough. If the full 1.7 source were to be released things would be different, but I guess the developers just do not want to let go of it.

P

Pokemaniacs

People interested in the source should look at 1964 v1.1 source codes rather than the very old PJ64 source codes.

P

Pokemaniacs

is not LLE.

The source folder is named as "1964AudioLLE" - weird.

side note: understand you are maintaining nRage v2.2 beta. I think there is a bug inserting mempak save file because it cannot find whereas nRage v2.1 rc3 can. You may want to fix that.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
The source folder is named as "1964AudioLLE" - weird.
it might be, i was under the assumption it was based off of azimers though, which it may have been in the past.

side note: understand you are maintaining nRage v2.2 beta. I think there is a bug inserting mempak save file because it cannot find whereas nRage v2.1 rc3 can. You may want to fix that.

Yeah, something went wrong with the selection dialogue seeing those file types, but if you assign a mempak directory, all the mempaks within display fine.

it will be fixed whenever mudlord gets around to finishing the archive support for gbroms.

Last edited:
P

Pokemaniacs

it might be, i was under the assumption it was based off of azimers though, which it may have been in the past.

I think 1964Audio is LLE too unless I mis-interpret what I read. So, users interested in the source codes should look at 1964 v1.1 source codes rather than the very old PJ64 v1.4 source unless Zilmar is willing to release his latest source or even PJ64 v1.6 source - highly unlikely.