What's new

project 64 won't save

Emo-panda

i don't know why not. whenever i try to save (wether it's using the in-game save or the one provided by project 64) it won't even do anything about it. i don't know if it's because i don't have a save space or what. please help me

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Make sure that the folder where Project64 keeps saves and save states isn't marked as Read-Only.

OP
E

Emo-panda

well whenever i try to load a game it says "cannot find mempak" and stuff like that. and i don't know where it saves to, so i wouldn't know how to find out if it's read only

Agozer

Some games only use the MemPak for saving and loading games (and not the "regular" battery SRAM), so you need to enable it from Options --> Configure Controller Plugin. If you are using the default input plugin, make sure that MemPak is selected for Player 1 controller instead of None.

Last edited:
OP
E

Emo-panda

okay it was already on memory pack, so does it have something to do with where it saves to? i don't know where to find that

albert0

Its on the file that u download from the main site, with pj64 in
it. Its called "Saved files" or something

OP
E

Emo-panda

okay could someone send me the link of where they got their project 64? cause maybe i downloaded a stupid one. and majora's mask too, cause mine starts me off in the mayor's residence and i can't do anything. it just looks at the celing.

albert0

It should be on the file off the pj64 website. try to sve a game that works, like mario and it should appear.... You could try to clear some dick space, it may be because of that

Last edited:

Agozer

Please ignore albert0, he talks more crazy than sane stuff.

About your problem, one solution you can still try is to simply try another input plugin that supports Memory Paks et al, like the N-Rage input plugin (which is better than the default Jabo's DirectInput anyway). Google it or check the plugins forum.

The bottom line is that the MemPaks should work just fine after you've enabled them in the Controller plugin configuration window. Same with all the other swappable Paks.