What's new

project 64 plugins

corchox

i installed glide napalm wx r1.1plug in. when i try to load any rom, it says:

Exception

CN64System::LoadFileImage - Exception caught
File: D:My Programs/home/Project64/Project64 1.7/Source/N64 System/N64 Class.cpp
Line 326

how is this fixed?

thankx

Last edited:

GEROSENE

i installed glide napalm wx r1.1plug in. when i try to load any rom, it says:

Exception

CN64System::LoadFileImage - Exception caught
File: D:My Programs/home/Project64/Project64 1.7/Source/N64 System/N64 Class.cpp
Line 326

how is this fixed?

thankx

theres a glide wrapper that you must copy to the main PJ64 files (where your .rdb, .rdn, .rdx files are etc.).
don't worry about SL. he thinks he's the PJ64 Morality Police LOL. I'd swear if he could have sex with PJ64 he would LMAO!

Last edited:
OP
C

corchox

why not? what do ya suggest then?

edit. what kinda answer is that? i wanna fix project64 thats it, why not use it?

Allnatural

edit. what kinda answer is that? i wanna fix project64 thats it, why not use it?
If the plugin works with v1.6 then consider your problem solved.

v1.7 has it's own board; ask your question there, assuming you're using a legitimate version. If you're using one of the leaked builds (which are outdated, if I'm not mistaken) you're not likely to find much help.

OP
C

corchox

If the plugin works with v1.6 then consider your problem solved.

v1.7 has it's own board; ask your question there, assuming you're using a legitimate version. If you're using one of the leaked builds (which are outdated, if I'm not mistaken) you're not likely to find much help.

is that so? a legitimate copy of a software that emulates illegitimate roms...right! it is legal if you own the original n64 cartridges anyway, but that doesn't change the fact that most of the people don't own the original cartridges. my 1.7 copy is legitimate in any case sir, it is by no means outdated. i also own the cartridges, excpet i wanna take advantage of high res packs and all that good stuff. i'm asking here cause they didn't provide an answer over there. they referred me to the glide64 board, cause they say it is a problem of the plugin and not the emulator.

so if anyone has an answer that would be awesome, no more of these prudes defending the legitimacy of their precious software please. i understand their point of view and that's cool, don't need more "go there and shut up", "it may not be legitimate... etc etc etc"

Last edited:

Toasty

Sony battery
If your copy is legitimate then what are you upset about? Go to the beta board. You will be far more likely to get help there, from a group of people who all have version 1.7, than here, from a group of people who for the most part do not.

Just like you are more likely to get help on 1964 in the 1964 forum than in the Dolphin forum.

OP
C

corchox

If your copy is legitimate then what are you upset about? Go to the beta board. You will be far more likely to get help there, from a group of people who all have version 1.7, than here, from a group of people who for the most part do not.

Just like you are more likely to get help on 1964 in the 1964 forum than in the Dolphin forum.

learn to read man, read then talk

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator

Because Project64 1.7 is Beta. Beta usually means that the build is for testing and development purposes only, and not considered to be a viable alternative to an existing official build, such as 1.6. Just because the beta has some improvements and fixes over the official release doesn't mean that it works better overall.

Many features in 1.7 are unfinished and the emulator will perform poorly under some circumstances and with certain plugin configurations. Just try Glide64 with 1.6 and see if things work out.

Last edited:

Toasty

Sony battery
learn to read man, read then talk

Feel free to re-read my post as well:
You will be far more likely to get help there, from a group of people who all have version 1.7, than here, from a group of people who for the most part do not.
Long story short, you will not get help with a beta build here, and chewing out the people telling you that will not change it. Agozer's advice is right on the money.

OP
C

corchox

Feel free to re-read my post as well:

Long story short, you will not get help with a beta build here, and chewing out the people telling you that will not change it. Agozer's advice is right on the money.

yeah well, read mine as well btch. i dont care anyways, problem fixed. got the newest release and glide works in it, go figure. i guess this guy is right mayb it was because tis the beta.

thankxs for nothing:bouncy:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
The only reason I can think of that you'd be so defencive about asking on the official pj64 1.7 forum is that you have a pirated copy of it - That I suspect was the case.

Either way being an antisocial dickwad does not change the fact this forum does NOT support 1.7.

Don't bother asking for help on this forum again because with your attitude and severe reading problems we have no reason to care about your problems.

X-Fi6

Because Project64 1.7 is Beta. Beta usually means that the build is for testing and development purposes only, and not considered to be a viable alternative to an existing official build, such as 1.6. Just because the beta has some improvements and fixes over the official release doesn't mean that it works better overall.

Many features in 1.7 are unfinished and the emulator will perform poorly under some circumstances and with certain plugin configurations. Just try Glide64 with 1.6 and see if things work out.
Actually by beta, usually software has entered feature-freeze, so it wouldn't be developmental purposes—just getting straight answers from the public as far as bugs go. PJ64 1.7 is full of incomplete features, according to zilmar.

Bottom line is, 1.7 is buggy like that and nobody here can even remotely offer a fix for your problem because we don't know what the underlying code of PJ64 is because we don't have the source code.