What's new

project 64 issues

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
I don't know, sorry. You have to wait for a response by Squall he suggested the rdb update. I didn't tried it.

Idiotic Oracle

Super newb question.

I just got Project64 1.6 and Pokemon Stadium...

But I can't find anything that tells me what the controls are!
How do I move? How do I do anything?
I've checked all the Read Me and Help files...

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Pokeon Stadium uses the N64 digital pad for selections/movement, not the analog stick.

OP
U

Ultimatium

Sorry to bump this old thread but i still have problems with the picturegraph box in majoras mask even after upgrading to 1.7.

Toasty

Sony battery
Most people here do not have PJ64 1.7, so if you're having issues with that version, I suggest you follow the link Gent gave you. There is a forum there dedicated to PJ64 1.7 issues.

FWIW, I still think the simpler course would just be to use Glide64 with the public release of PJ64. After spending 30 seconds to properly configure it, it works beautifully for OoT and MM.

Corpserule

umm im having trouble, for some reason every 4 seconds of gameplay my game will freeze for one second, other than that it runs at great speed, my computer is fast enough, and goes completely nuts if i uncheck the limit FPS button lol

OP
U

Ultimatium

I still think that project 64 is the best emulator for playing nintendo 64 games, we just need the last couple of issues solved.

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Do you have any kind of antivirus/ other software that might steal enough processor time to affect emulation performance?

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
Do Windows NT-based OSes even care about the "read only" attribute?

More likely it was because of ACL issues.

Vista and later have oppressive ACL settings by default, won't even let Windows Explorer view the temp file directories lol.

Toasty

Sony battery
They run via an N64 emulator that Nintendo wrote (which in and of itself was somewhat buggy) for Gamecube; Dolphin has no native ability to run N64 games. I suppose it's a matter of semantics though.

OP
U

Ultimatium

I just hope that project 64 will continue to be developed. It's close to being perfect, so stopping here would be a bit disappointing. Anyway, is the issue with the start menu in ocarina of time fixed yet?

Last edited: