What's new

Project 64 compatability question...

asammw

Registered insainiac
Does Project64 run Space station Silicon Valley? I have tried playing it but although it does run there are all sorts of graphical errors going on. Is there a way to fix this? I'm new to emu's... :huh:

Clements

Glide64 seems to be best for this game with Hackarux's wrapper if you don't have a Voodoo card. There are still problems with the space ship being entirely black though, oddly, but apart from that it looks allright.

OP
asammw

asammw

Registered insainiac
Right thanks... One more question though, one of my favourite N64 games was Rogue Squadron and although i have downloaded the rom, the sound will play but there is no picture, any idea of how to fix this please?

OP
asammw

asammw

Registered insainiac
I wanted to ask something else that i forgot, Banjo kazzoie seems to slow down after i get a jiggy, or during cinematics. Same problem with Lylat Wars too, except lylat wars seems to pause for a few seconds and then continue. I know i'm asking alot of questions... Forgive me, i'm a newbe... :blush:

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
There is not any video plugin that supports Rogue Squadron yet.
For Banjo kazzoie and Lylat Wars try Rice's video plugin v5.6.0.

Last edited:

Clements

Rogue Squadron is not supported by Project64's video plugin. In fact only one plugin desplays graphics with it - Lemmy's plugin that comes with Nemu64. It's not playable that way unfortunately, but may be in the future when a plugin adds support for it.

OP
asammw

asammw

Registered insainiac
Damn shame too... Any ideas about the anoying slow down, as you can see my PC should be more than capable of handling it...

Clements

asammw said:
I wanted to ask something else that i forgot, Banjo kazzoie seems to slow down after i get a jiggy, or during cinematics.

Use Direct64 for this game to fix that.

asammw said:
Same problem with Lylat Wars too, except lylat wars seems to pause for a few seconds and then continue. I know i'm asking alot of questions... Forgive me, i'm a newbe... :blush:

Use Rice's Video for this game to reduce slowdowns particularly in the map part. Use the Direct X renderer since it works better than the OpenGL one.

OP
asammw

asammw

Registered insainiac
Thanx guys, very useful, im downloading the plugins etc as i type. Thanx again :happy: