What's new

Progress Update.....

Remote

Afaik icepir8's plugin has been able to emulate bomberman hero for a long time w/o the black screen...

aprentice

Hey is this a directx plugin or the opengl one?
Btw, whys n64 text so square, its prolly not the plugin but the 64 itself, we need hacks! :happy:

Good job icepir8, cya on irc!

crhylove

Banned
blocky n64 stuff...

now that i have a geforce 3 ti 200, mario looks so incredible with quincunx AA at 1280x1024, but the trees and other 3d sprites (and the text of course) are still blocky, yeah. I imagine at some point there will be a "super sai x 2" or whatever in one of the plugins for 2d stuff, in particular (like text), but this is probably AFTER more complete n64 emu.

i want a SIRD plugin. i know the SIRD algorithm and i'll help beta test, and here's an advantage: NO TEXTURES!

any takers?

rhy

crhylove

Banned
AA blocky shot.

here's an example of blocky stuff, right next to the sweetest AA mario you've ever seen.

oh yeah, and my posts are now 1/3 the way there! yay!

EddyB43

British Old Gamer
The colours look okay to me, I think the issue he's complaining about is the pixellation on the tree sprite Mario's standing in front of. There's very little that can be down for that in a 3D rendering sense, since it's just a 2D sprite being scaled up to the 4x larger than normal 1280x960 resolution.

Try running it fullscreen at 320x240 and see if it looks any better, that should get rid of scaling issues ;)

Slougi

EddyB43 said:
The colours look okay to me, I think the issue he's complaining about is the pixellation on the tree sprite Mario's standing in front of.
I know what he meant, but the colours still look bad. imo.

crhylove

Banned
SIRD and clarifiers.

SIRD is single image random dot and is a type of stereogram, that can display on a regular monitor in true 3d, granted, there's no colors, etc, but it would be really cool to play some racing games in this mode!

what's wrong with my colors?

and yeah, i know it's a 2d scaling issue, that's why i was talking about a sai type 2d hack that could be implemented (eventually), as there is no way to counter that in 3d.

rhy

linker

Emutalk Member
icepir8 said:
Here is a screen shot from Jabo's Direct3D7 1.40 plugin. Notice the colors in the people. In my plugin has incorrect shadow color.

Your's are better :)

zorbid

If tou want to get rid of the sprites pixellisation, try the combo Glide64+eVoodoo3. The bordrers of the sprites look much better. :)(but eVoodoo3 has some alpha blending issues).

crhylove

Banned
huh, thnx for the tip...

i'll try that out.... why is that exactly? does evoodoo 3 have built in AA or something?

rhy