What's new

Problems with some games...very odd.

Cassius.fog

Actually, it doesent display any kind of error pop-up window. The problem itself is that i emulated "powerstone" on the drive F:, i runned chankast and all worked fine.
Then, i downloaded some other games like powerstone2, soul calibur, etc.. But they didnt boot at all on chankast!, i mean, i started chankast but it started directly into the bios, and it didnt recognize the game on the F: drive.

How could this be? powerstone worked perfectly, but the other ones i downloaded didnt even bother to start...

smcd

Maybe these games (which you shouldn't say you downloaded, lol) aren't self-bootable? search the forums on how to make them be self-bootable...

OP
Cassius.fog

Cassius.fog

My bad... :whistling

Actually, when i got powerstone 1, it didnt say anywhere if it was self bootable or not. So i asumed it was because of the .cdi extension, and well...it worked.
But soul calibur 2 and PStone 2 said that they were self bootable and it logged directly into the music player on the bios when i started 'em.

Aleron235

I think you need to have the games on the D:\ or G:\ drives, You can change your virtual drive's letter through windows disk manager, or there might be some setting through Daemon Tools or whatever it is that you use. But if it's picking up the discs in the DC CD player it's apparently reading them.

For games that kick you to audio CD right away, try to use the "play" option in the BIOS.

dgnr885

Ok, i had this prob with soul calibur,
u dont have to use C or D drive, i use K drive, wuts the diffrence?

Ok, wut u do is, goto options--->Cable type----NTSC

WAHLAH...or it should work for ya there buuuuddddddy

p.s.- i use chanka 0.2_a and 0.25, if ur on 0.1 eh u might be screwed...

OP
Cassius.fog

Cassius.fog

dgnr885 said:
Ok, i had this prob with soul calibur,
u dont have to use C or D drive, i use K drive, wuts the diffrence?

Ok, wut u do is, goto options--->Cable type----NTSC

WAHLAH...or it should work for ya there buuuuddddddy

p.s.- i use chanka 0.2_a and 0.25, if ur on 0.1 eh u might be screwed...
The problem is that i run chanka under windows 2000, and it has some pretty odd problems with ASPI drivers.
I tried doing what the FAQ said, but it didnt work at all.