What's new

Problems with Shenmue 2

vorob

Hi

I’ve got two games

[Dreamcast] [DC] Shenmue 1 3CDs.rar

[DC] Shenmue 2 (E) 4CDs.rar

The first game is fully in English, so it got eng menu, dialogs, speech …

But the second part have Spanish menu/diary, Chinese speech and eng subtitles, how that can be? If this is a Spanish version, it must have Spanish subtitles, and if it is an English ver. it must have English menu/diary…

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Just run the emulator without a CD in the drive and from the BIOS change the language to English (Make sure that the file named "dc_flash.bin" does not have read-only attributes before doing that).

OP
vorob

vorob

Thanks!!! Especially for «Make sure that the file named "dc_flash.bin" does not have read-only attributes before doing that»

:)

Now I want to ask another question, is there any hints how to increase the speed? My conf is P4-1800Mhz 512Ram ASUS Radeon 9800pro 256mb but the game runs very slow :( and there are some glitches with sound, some time is disappears :(

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
Shenmue 2 has known issues with this version of the emulator. Graphic glitches and slowness are normal for this game at this time. The only thing to do is wait for a new release.

OP
vorob

vorob

Is there any possibility to make Chankast run in 1280x1024 by default?

life_247

Shenmue II on dreamcast has japanese voices on all versions and was never fully translated into any other languages bar english subtitles for the full release.

The First game had english voiceovers but no text translations to spanish

Its pretty much a japanese, english or get stuffed but you can understand why with the amount of voices in the game!

Stezo2k

S-2K
life_247 said:
Shenmue II on dreamcast has japanese voices on all versions and was never fully translated into any other languages bar english subtitles for the full release.

actually, about a year ago there was a translated version goin' around bit torrent with english speech taken from the xbox version, works quite well actually, only disc 1 was translated though unfortunatley