What's new

problems with ps2

helpless

totally
I'm having problems getting it to work on chankast, today I have tried to make it a .cdi for more then 4hours. It's a .nrg. First I tried with cdrwin, but it said that when its a 2 tracked session it can't write or something like that. So, I test IsoBuster, it makes a bin alright, but the .bin doesnt work in daemon. Last thing I tried was to copy the .nrg with ner, burn it to a cd-rw then make a .bin from the cd-rw.

So good so far, but now bin2boot wont work, first it says that couldn't find ip.bin. then something else, then it start working and makes a .tmp but no .cdi... so I try bin2boot_cdda, samething.. later b2b_qui, no .cdi.. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong, I've even followed many tuts on the forum and other forums, but no result. :blink:

So I'm ask for a real step byt step, and detailed version how to make this power stone 2 work with chankast.. :/

I appoligize if this thread has already been made about power stone 2..

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Your specs? (OS, CPU, etc.) It's also good to say what happens when you try to run the game and if it also happens with other games.

OP
H

helpless

totally
PsyMan said:
Your specs? (OS, CPU, etc.) It's also good to say what happens when you try to run the game and if it also happens with other games.

I haven't made it selfbootable yet.. thats the problem.. I have a decent comp. overclocked barton +2500, on 2,2 ghz, geforece4 ti 4200, 160 gig hdd, 512 kingston hyper-x, abit NF7-S.. Kinda uptodate comp. Win xp (pro).

ERROR: can't read TOC from j: drive, daemon j: PS2_KAL.

So I've tried many options to make a self-bootable cd.. but It does bot when I mount the nrg into daemon.. asks if I want to play it wmplayer.. etc.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
You have to use the "xxx CD-ROM interface" of the emulator in order to fix this error. You can select it from the "plugins" --> "configure" tab.

OP
H

helpless

totally
PsyMan said:
You have to use the "xxx CD-ROM interface" of the emulator in order to fix this error. You can select it from the "plugins" --> "configure" tab.
okey that is done, but now it says:
ERROR: can't read dc_bios.bin

OP
H

helpless

totally
yay problems solved! :D Now the game works just fine! :) Just wonder how I will enable the memory cards.. ty for all the help! without you I will still be stuck trying to make a selfbootable image to a selfbootable image.. lol ;) :blink::)

Nightmare

(when dream come true)
helpless said:
Btw, does the image need to be a .cdi image? Could a selfbootable .nrg work as good as a .cdi ?
i can't help you for bios file...

concerning .nrg and .cdi, with daemon tools 3.29 you can only read .cdi, and with daemon tools 3.46 you can read .cdi AND .nrg (until it's not a nero 6.x image)... but daemon tools 3.29 avoid io control error and not daemon tools 3.46... you have to make a choice...

edit* for memory card, you have to boot in bios (start without a cd inserted) and format the vmu card...

Last edited:
OP
H

helpless

totally
Does any1 have any idea why power stone 2 keeps freezing? Like when I'm at the first boss, the game goes.. llllleeeeeeeeeeetttttttttt ttttttttttttttthhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeee bbbbbbbbbaaaaaaattttttttlllllllllleeee bbbb bbbb .... bbbb eee.... eggg gg gg iii... crash. Is it the game or chankast or my computer..

I'm currently using the news chankast, and my comp specs are: overclocked amd baron 2500+ to 2,2ghz, gefore4ti4200, 512 mb ram, kingston hyperx, mobo = Abit NF7-S.

eggo

Some Guy
powerstone2 crashes sometimes before battle depending on character/stage.

Last edited:
OP
H

helpless

totally
I wonder if there is any save files on the internet for power stone 2, since you can't get all characters and stages without playing it to the end.. I have even looked for cheats, but there are non that would give you all characters and stages, at least what I saw.