What's new

Problems with Ogre Battle 64

Other Guy

The game: Ogre Battle 64 - Person of Lordly Caliber (U)

- Problems with PJ64 with Jabo's Direct3D6 1.5.2

In the box text area have some defects. The text and the Photo of the characters is too hard.
In the capter scene don't apear some names and before a battle don't apear the animation like mirrors breaking (all the screen is black).
In the battle scene RARELY apear the background. When it doesn't aperar show a blackscene with a strange colourful band.

- Problems with PJ64 with Jabo's Direct3D8 1.6

This game make the processor work more than other roms and requires too much of the PC.
Sometimes appear a GREEN Background.
In the capter scene don't apear some names and before a battle don't apear the animation like mirrors breaking (all the screen is black).
In the battle scene SOMETIMES apear the background. When it don't aperar show a blackscene with a strange colourful band.
Sometimes the Screen doesn't go to the Full Screen mode.

- Erro after finish or suspend the game Ogre Battle 64:

This erro freeze the game and don't allow to continue.
The only way to continue is reseting the game.

- Erro after exit the Organization Screen the game Ogre Battle 64:

The Emutator stop the game and show a message saying that PJ64 need to be closed.

AppName: project64.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: unknown
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 7974eecc

AppName: project64.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: unknown
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 797ede10

- Another Erros:

[10:38:24 PM 23/1/2006] Error 0x887600E1 - Error creating primary surface
[7:48:36 PM 26/1/2006] Error 0x887601C2 - Error deleting zbuffer attachment
[7:41:39 PM 26/1/2006] Direct3D is almost out of texture space

* Why this things happen? Is there any way of correct this using another configuration?
* The red arrows indicate the problem.

CPU: P4 2.0, Memory: 256 Rambus, VIDEO: GeForce 2 MX 400

Sorry for my bad english

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
The problems with Jabo's Direct3D8 are known. The GameFAQ already addresses a few of these problems.

Winback

Try using Rice's Video 5.5.1...it's what I'm currently using with Ogre Battle 64 and the backgrounds are fine.

OP
O

Other Guy

I used 6[1].1.0c (the text was too dark and hard to read, the grafics is sometimes dark and others stranges grafics) and jabo is better.

Does have much diference between 5.5.1 to 6[1].1.0c?

I didn't find 5.5.1.

with 6.1.0c the background appears but the characters not and have some graphical erros and the text is too dirty. Take a look in the picture and in the link:

http://www.emutalk.net/attachments/1964/22651-known-bugs-and-issues-0-99-ogrepj64b.jpg

Last edited:

rockofdeath42

My evil rock will kill you all
I use Glide64 Wonder Plus with Hactaurux's glide wrapper. It uses about the same (maybe a little more) CPU performance as D3D8, but the graphics are much clearer and don't seem to be as buggy (although there are a few bugs that D3D8 doesn't have).

-Edit: As for the CPU performance, you may need a better video card/processor. You can download the latest video drivers at your video card's manufacturer's site, or you can download the special omega drivers (for ATi, nVidia, and 3dfx only) at http://www.omegadrivers.net/.

Last edited:
OP
O

Other Guy

rockofdeath42 said:
I use Glide64 Wonder Plus with Hactaurux's glide wrapper. It uses about the same (maybe a little more) CPU performance as D3D8, but the graphics are much clearer and don't seem to be as buggy (although there are a few bugs that D3D8 doesn't have).

Jabo's Direct3D8 1.6 is heavy to play in my PC (CPU works in 100%), so Glide64 Wonder Plus seem to be in same way, but i will try.

What is omega drives? I thought that GeForce MMX 400 didn't need to install a new drives anymore?

Last edited: