I have:

P4 1.8 GHz
nVidia GeForce MX 440
C-Media Wave Device (Sound Card)
256 MB DDR PC-2100 of RAM
60 GB DD about 10 GB Free
WinXP Pro
DirectX 9

And I still gettin low framerates in some games like Super Smash Bros. (When the 4 characters are playing at the same time, vs mode>stock) when I use, F.I., a"fireflower" I get about 47.xx fps... and a lot of other low fps issues. is the sound card the problem?, because in the other specs I have the recommended or better ones.

Some Ideas?
Please help me.

OP
C

c1oUd

Is the GF4 MX 440 as crappy as I read in some other posts?

Is the GF4 MX 440 as crappy as I read in some other posts?...

Another thing... My cousin have the oldest nVidia TNT card and he can run pj better than me... he have Athlon 1.2 GHz, I have P4 1.8 GHz...

The only good thing of my GF4 MX 440 is that I can play GTA3 at 1024x768x32 at full framerates (Not a N64 game... It's a PC Game)

Does any1 can help me?

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
The gfx card doesn't matter. And secondly, with many sprites on the screen, the emulator consumes more memory, which obously you lack a little. Well, that's my guess.

OP
C

c1oUd

Not a drivers problem...

I have the newest Drivers for the video card...

Does the soundcard have relevancy in the speed of PJ64?

Do I need more RAM? (have 256MB pc-2100 266MHz)

specs:
P4 1.8 GHz
nVidia GeForce MX 440
C-Media Wave Device (Sound Card)
256 MB DDR PC-2100 of RAM
60 GB DD about 10 GB Free
WinXP Pro
DirectX 9

I attach a screenshot of one 48 fps. moment:

OP
C

c1oUd

Not a DX9 problem either...

I had the same problems with DX8.1...
TNX anyway...

And the slow fps thing is not a known issue in pj 1.5 :(

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Emu_Lover said:
I think its like that on the actual N64 console where it slows down when a lot of action is going on.
Let's check. If the fps on the statusbar stays at 60 @ the slowdown (or 50 for pal), then if it slows down, then so does it on the real n64.

OP
C

c1oUd

no, the fps when the slow issue occurs decreases too.

The shown fps go down too, thanks anyway...

PD: check out the screen shot that I attach in the 5th post...

zeox

The CPU or the RAM are not a problem

I also prefer AMD but a P4 1,8 is a bit too much for a N64 a 256MB of RAm is Way too much, considering that the original console had 4 or 8 mb of RAM. The problem is in PJ64. Wait for a newer version that is fully compatible with smash bros. :n64:

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Re: The CPU or the RAM are not a problem

zeox said:
I also prefer AMD but a P4 1,8 is a bit too much for a N64 a 256MB of RAm is Way too much, considering that the original console had 4 or 8 mb of RAM. The problem is in PJ64. Wait for a newer version that is fully compatible with smash bros. :n64:

Uh... right... are you suggesting we try to match N64's specs with a 94MHz processor and 8MB RAM?

Idiot...

For emulation you can NEVER have a powerful enough system.

zeox

I doubt that

Seriously I dobt that. And don't call me an Idiot. It doesn't matter how powerful the system is all that matters is how tha game is emulated.
I have tried MK Trilogy on a 2GHZ system with 1GB of memory and it still sucks. My point is that even if you have a multiprocessor system with a couple gigs of ram if the game emulation is crappy it will still suck.

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Re: I doubt that

zeox said:
Seriously I dobt that. And don't call me an Idiot. It doesn't matter how powerful the system is all that matters is how tha game is emulated.
I have tried MK Trilogy on a 2GHZ system with 1GB of memory and it still sucks. My point is that even if you have a multiprocessor system with a couple gigs of ram if the game emulation is crappy it will still suck.

I called you an idiot cos to me you came off sounding like you had no idea of the inherent problems with emulation, my apologies for that.

In any case, for all my ROM's PJ64 and 1964 emulate pretty near perfect (known menu bugs in the Castlevanias is the only thing I can't get around).

zeox

apologies accepted

Apologies accepted. And I'm I'm seeking a solution for emulating Mace The Dark Age. Before I last upgraded my system I used a Voodoo Banshee card and I used Supra HLE for emulation, and it emulatoed the game perfectly.
But I can't say that for PJ64. Does anyone have an idea how to solve this problem?

P.S. I tried with Glide Wrappers but it still isn't good enough