What's new

Problems with my USB controller and PJ641.6

rblakeh

Hello, I'm new here and a bit new to Project64 but I'm having quite a problem. I just got a USB controller via electronicquarter.com (This one to be exact: http://www.electricquarter.com/psusb.htm)

Now I did everything correctly and got my USB controller up and working but I've encountered a new problem. Last night I upgraded to PJ641.5 and now my controller is acting insane. I'm not sure if it's the fault of my controller, my USB device or Project64. Buttons seem to manually press themselves (Well, that's the way the game responds) and when I try to configure my controller buttons I can't because it will manually click random buttons. IE: Let's say I go to configure the A and B buttons. I'll click the little square next to them (It gives you 5 seconds to input) but before I'm able to even input the command it will click a button itself at random.

It makes it really hard to play certain games as while I'm playing my character will just say, randomly walk a certain direction or change targets and such. I can't seem to figure out what's wrong. I played this way once with PJ641.5 and it wasn't nearly as bad.

Apologies if this is in the wrong spot but I'm just not sure if this is something to do with the emulator itself or my controller or device or what.

Thanks for any help.

Googol

Give me back my floppy face!
Well, what are your specs, and what's your controller model? Does it work like this outside of emulation?

Smiff

Emutalk Member
this is an issue with the adapter. see sticky in general n64 emulation forum.
btw current public version of pj64 is 1.6