What's new

Problems with high end system

Novella

Hello everyone!

I'm new to this board and this might've been posted before but there are TOO many posts to read through and the searching engine works like shit.

Anyways, I've got a high end system; AMD Athlon +5200 2.6 GHZ processor, ATI Radeon x1950XT, 2gb ram.

and when I try to play a rom I get a constant FPS at 60.0, BUT it runs laggy as shit. When I press F4 to remove the FPS cap I get a FPS around 500 and it runs like it's on crack.

Is there any way to be able to get a FPS good enough to play it smooth without getting it speeded?

edit: Oh, yeah..I'm using PJ64 v. 1.6 with Jabo's Direct3D graphic and Jabo's DirectSound plugins.

Last edited:

Allnatural

PJ64 displays VI/s, which is different. Only a handful of N64 games actually ran at 60 fps. Most ran at 30 and many sub-30. What you're seeing is normal.

Dogman5

----------
Do you have a list of games that run in 60fps?

To the op: it probably just looks like crap to you and me and others who are used to silky smooth 60, 70, 80+ fps.. and the 64 games only are made to run at 30 fps max besides a few.. Road rage is the only one I can think of that seems like it might of the top of my head.. just let your eyes get used to it. After a while it wont seem so bad anymore.

otherwise check: Options > Configure RSP Plugin and make sure it is set to Recomplier and not the other one.

HellsBound

N64 Textures
Something to do with the RSP or your computer setting be sure to cheak if there working right or update your drivers.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
Do you have a list of games that run in 60fps?

To the op: it probably just looks like crap to you and me and others who are used to silky smooth 60, 70, 80+ fps.. and the 64 games only are made to run at 30 fps max besides a few

otherwise check: Options > Configure RSP Plugin and make sure it is set to Recomplier and not the other one.

20fps actually... pal games run at 18.

only some run at 60...

HellsBound

N64 Textures
If you go over 60 it speeds up and gose mad i have no problem when i play a tiny bit of lag and look at my system.