What's new

Problems with Dolphin.

taggin1

Ok i got new dolphin but i can't open it.So here we go: when i try open the emulator i got failed to load plugin \plugins video_dx9.dll

later i got "Panic!" again when i want open the game:
Failed to grab 1 GB contigious memory!

and later the .exe crashed

so what i have to do to make it run?

my computer: geforce 8600 GT 512, intel core 2 duo 2.4 1 gb ram DDR2

thanks!

OP
T

taggin1

i think i corrected errors with plugin but when i try open the game i got couldn't grab 1 gb memory then exe crashed what i'm doing bad?!

Try to get rid of or close down other programs that are running in the background that may be using your system memory. Not sure but that may help. I have never had this problem and I only have 1gb of system memory. I have almost nothing running besides dolphin when I use it.

ChaosCode

"later i got "Panic!" again when i want open the game:
Failed to grab 1 GB contigious memory!"

this error is related to not having the decryption file in the WII folder.

mugiwara

@chaos code...what do u mean "not having the decryption file in the WII folder"...please explain it....
thnx...

j3bus

jebus
I dont get it, but it was said that maybe theres some procces using too much RAM. Maybe you should try to close your antivirus, and programs like iTunes, Windows Media Player, and any aplication of Office. Then you should try...By the way, what SO are you using? Windows XP x64? or Windows Vista???

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
You should never close your antivirus for a reason like that. I also don't think that many people run Windows Media Player, iTunes, and an Office application simultaneously while trying to run Dolphin, either.

Having common sense is preferable, you know.

Falcon4ever

Plugin coder / Betatester

thats not true, you do not need that file to use dolphin (in gamecube mode).

It happens when it can not allocate 1gb of continous memory which happens if you're low on memory. It also happens more often on the 32b version. Just close down all unneeded applications and try again.

I use win xp 32bit with 2 GB of memory and do not suffer from this message (antivirus, webserver etc is all on).

OP
T

taggin1

well i have 1 gb memory really don't know what is the problem eh i have to use old version ;p

ChaosCode

thats not true, you do not need that file to use dolphin (in gamecube mode).

It happens when it can not allocate 1gb of continous memory which happens if you're low on memory. It also happens more often on the 32b version. Just close down all unneeded applications and try again.

I use win xp 32bit with 2 GB of memory and do not suffer from this message (antivirus, webserver etc is all on).

But it is true. if you run a wii game with out that file. thats the error u get. I tested on 2 games :)

xxteknolustxx

hey, you should probaly increase your paging file

Right click my computer and properties
Then click the advanced tab, and where it says performance click settings
Then proceed to go to the advanced tab and change the normal paging file, try a size that is stable enough for dolphin to run.

OP
T

taggin1

yo
do u mean alt+ctrl+delete and later go to process?change etc?sry but it don't work..

X-Fi6

yo
do u mean alt+ctrl+delete and later go to process?change etc?sry but it don't work..
Uh, no...

Start --> Right-click My Computer --> Properties --> Advanced --> Performance Settings --> Advanced --> Change --> change the maximum filesize option to something higher --> OK --> restart your computer.

OP
T

taggin1

sry i don't really understand xD (my english is not so good >.>) do you mean change the visual memory ?? if not can somebody take sreen shots and put in the imageshack and show me?in priv or here.

thanks in advance :p

cerebus5

I've tried that x-fi and it didn't work. I didn't get this error until I installed Kaspersky. But obviously I'm unwilling to give precedence to Dolphin because the reason I installed it was that I got infected with a massive trojan and had to reinstall Windows.

godmarin

i downloaded Dolphin and it says Dolphin_-_beta3_-_64\Dolphin.exe is not a valid Win32 application what do i do