What's new

Problems with DK64

vulture

I have PJ64 1.5 with SP 1.51 and glide64 v 0.5. I'll post a screenshot of my configs. The problem is that the game runs really really slow and choppy on my system and the physics in it are all screwed up. Like, for example, if I'm trying to jump across a gap using vines I can't grab onto the vines--its like he hits an invisible wall just before the next vine. Aside from that, I can jump across huge distances. Rather than swing across a gap with 4 vines, I can just jump over it, which should not be able to happen. I don't know why it does this on my system, which is good enough to run all my other games fine. Is DK64 glitched or something? Or is there something I can do to fix my problem here. I appreciate any help.

Matata

Novato Experimentado
Well DK64 has a lot of Core Bugs so it doesn´t matter you´re plugin config. Wait until 1964 0.99 is out because it is said to run perfectly in it.

Necterine

aww that happens to me too!
i try to grab a vine and DK the goes through it instead of grabbing it
waht should i do?

scotty

The Great One
Whoever dumped DK64 into its .v64 format screwed everything up so it was harder to emulate. There are a few games that are like this, buyt DK64 is the most well known.

As Matata said, wait until the new 1964 comes out, as said before, when it comes out, no one knows, many speculated, and its still not out yet (Id laugh if it came out on Cinco de Mayo).

Trotterwatch

Whoever dumped DK64 into its .v64 format screwed everything up so it was harder to emulate.

There are 1 or 2 DK64 badroms out there, but there is 1 good one. The game itself (perfectly dumped) is very tough to emulate, the actual dumping process hasn't added any layers of difficulty to it.

Clements

For the time being, use Jabo's D3D6 1.5.1 making sure 'emulate clear' is on. This is still bad only because of the core and not the plugin itself. You may need to change the counter factor to get past certain bits.

foogy

man, i cant wait till 1964 is released, i gots ta get me some dk. heh, dk as in donkey kong that is.

scotty

The Great One
Tagrineth said:
Why do people go to so much trouble to play such an atrocious game anyway? >_>

thats the thing, if you dont have it, you want it, but after you have it for awhile its gets tiring. It seems funny but i do the same thing with ROMS, I download them and then after time I dont really touch them