What's new

Problems with Daemon 3.29

Talbain

Moo.
Alright, well, I've got Windows XP Professional SP2 up and running, and while my Chankast runs fine, I cannot get Daemon 3.29 to install properly. Every time I attempt to install it, I get BSODs upon restart or while installing it.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Keep trying until you get it to install or use a newer version of Daemon tools (or another mounting software).

Whirlinurd

Looks like a corrupt driver file. Remove d***bus.sys and d***prt.sys from \Windows\System32\drivers in safe mode. These file are probably called d329bus.sys and d329prt.sys with Daemon Tools 3.29. Also remove in your registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services for entries with same names as Daemon driver files. When you return to Windows after reboot. Go to device manager - you may see some device with yellow mark.
This is most likely Daemon device which cannot start because it's drivers are deleted. Delete this device from Device Manager.

Deamon tools also can crash because of any games that uses the starforce driver for its protection. Remove any starforce driver before installing daemon tools. After daemon tools is installed any starforce games will work again with daemon tools installed.

This is all I could find just now. Any problems I can advise you to look in the daemon tools forum at http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/portal/viewforum.php?f=14. These forums has far more knowledge about crashes and such.

Good luck.

OP
Talbain

Talbain

Moo.
Apparently the problem was that it was, for whatever reason, installing the drivers backwards. Basically, when I went back and installed the BIOS extension first, and then the SCSI controller, it worked. I'm not sure why this is, but it fixed the problem. I now get all my favorites at 90 FPS... which is good and bad. Hehe.

Thanks for the help guys. =)