What's new

problems running mvc2....

batman6458

I'm using d-tools to make a virtual drive and I've mounted the .mds file and it seems to start properly however once the emulation starts the screen goes black ,stops, then takes me back to the screen asking me to enter the date and time. It seems to be a valid image, what am I doing wrong?

Xtreme2damax

Have you tried using it with NullDC yet?

It may be that game is not compatible with Chankast or has issues.

Chankast has basically been dead for almost two years, with no News, updates or new versions, and has compatibility issues with a lot of games.

NullDC on the other hand is a new Dreamcast emulator, with much better compatibility and stability than Chankast and runs almost pretty much full speed on anything as good as a Pentium 4 @ 2.6 Ghz or better.

Although NullDC is only on it's first realease 1.0.0 Beta 1, a lot of games that did not work or had problems in Chankast, now work in NullDC. Even The problem with the Nvidia Bug that Sonic Adventure 2 had in Chankast, has been fixed and is now playable with NullDC on Nvidia Cards.

But if you want to use Chankast, that is your choice and although I don't understand why you would want to you must have a reason oO. Hopefully someone Can post that can help you get you problem solved, as I have no Idea what your problem is or how to solve it;)

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
FYI, Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 is runs on Chankast. Very well, I might add, apart from some sound issues.

Still, nullDC should the emulator of choice. It also comes with ports or Chankast's video and audio plugins.

The OP's problem is that his Dc_flash.bin file is corrupt.

Xtreme2damax

FYI, Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 is runs on Chankast. Very well, I might add, apart from some sound issues.

Still, nullDC should the emulator of choice. It also comes with ports or Chankast's video and audio plugins.

The OP's problem is that his Dc_flash.bin file is corrupt.

Oh I didn't know, as I don't own that game and haven't read the compatibility list for Chankast;)

OP
B

batman6458

I got NullDc and I'm not able to run MVC2 on that either, however I'm using the same DC_flash.bin file

Last edited:

Xtreme2damax

Well since you just realized that, you should edit your last post to exclude that one part before a moderator sees it.

It could be that your rip of the game is bad. DC games ripped in .mds/.mdf format are known to cause trouble with a lot of games. Try Obtaining or Re-Dumping the DC game in the Recommended .CDI format to avoid the problems that the Mds/Mdf format has with Dreamcast Games. Also make sure the game is Self-Bootable, and that your DC_Bios.bin and DC_Flash.bin are valid.

As you just realized, you are on your own with these as we can not provide links or info on where to obtain any of these as they are copyrighted and cannot be distributed. However I've found google to help on certain occasions when help on these materials can't be provided via a public forum;)

Good Luck:)

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
I got NullDc and I'm not able to run MVC2 on that either, however I'm using the same DC_flash.bin file, where can I get a valid one?
Replacing the file from the archive you originally got Dc_flash.bin from usually helps.

OP
B

batman6458

I replaced my DC_flash.bin file and got it to run on both chankast and nullDC. However in chankast it crashes after the capcom intro and nulldc does'nt have a plugin for a controller besides the keyboard. I've read about extracting the intro, is that the only answer in chankast? Is there a way to use a controller with nullDC? thanks for all the help

Last edited:

Xtreme2damax

There are two choices I know of if you want to us a Controller with NullDC, one being Joy2Key and the Other being XPadder.

I don't have the links for them right now, but a search on google should bring them right up. Right now I'm using XPadder with NullDC and it works Fine;)