What's new

problems loading games

Grimm

Whenever I try to load a game it seems to start loading it, then shows the error:
Unexpected Error Encountered
File: Direct3d.cpp
Line: 92
Error Code: D3DERR_INVALIDCAL (0x8876086c)
Calling: Error in Lemmy's video.dl
After I click on about 10 of those errors it shows another one saying:
Error in input code
Access to the input device has been lost. It must be reaquired

Ive noticed practically every n64 emulator has a problem with Voodoo graphics cards, so it probably has something to do with that. Anyways I am using

AMD Athlong
1.20 ghz
256 mb ram
Voodoo 3 card
windows xp.
I just downloaded the latest drivers, so I dont know what the problem is. If anyone has an idea as to what it could be, I would be very grateful.

OP
G

Grimm

Erm thats Athlon, in case there are wise asses here that want to go "hmm athlong , never heard of that one, bwahahahahaha, man I am so funny." It just seems like there always is one.

Trotterwatch

As you have guessed, it's the Voodoo3 that is at fault. There was quiet a long thread about this error a while back, and I don't think there was any solution other than to keep pressing the enter button :(

On a side note though (you probably already know this, but just in case), you should really be using Glide64 with the Voodoo card. Not too sure, but I think Glide64 should also work with Nemu, so you can give it a try if you want.

As for the "Athlong" error, for future reference any errors such as that can just be edited out using the edit button.

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
Voodoo 3 with Windows XP

The Windows XP Voodoo 3 drivers are not very good
drivers, thus you may get much better results with
Windows 98 SE. Possibly using third party Voodoo 3
drivers for Windows XP will fix the problem.