What's new

Problems installing ATI Radeon 9600

merlin-th-

I have problems installing my Ati radeon 9600 card - somehow cant the system find it right.

The card is installed - I can upgrade the drivers. It shows me that the card is installed in properties/my computer.

But when i right click on desktop does it show me a standard SVGA card.

And the system is really really bad.

Any help ???

I have attached 2 screen dumbs:

Gigahurtz

Feel the speed
merlin-th- said:
I have problems installing my Ati radeon 9600 card - somehow cant the system find it right.

The card is installed - I can upgrade the drivers. It shows me that the card is installed in properties/my computer.

But when i right click on desktop does it show me a standard SVGA card.

And the system is really really bad.

Any help ???

I have attached 2 screen dumbs:

I had that problem. This is where Windows XP installs it's version of the radeon series drivers instead of the ones from the ATI CD (which is better). What you need to do is uninstall the driver Windows XP automatically gave for you and temporarily disable automatic plug and play so it won't find the card again and install its own driver again.

To disable plug and play, go to start, control panel, administrative tools, and then services. scroll through the list on the right side and locate "plug and play". Right click on it to get to the properties and in the window that comes up, where it says "startup type", choose disabled. Reboot your computer and install the ATI driver from the CD. After that, you can re-enable plug and play by going back through the process above and choosing automatic for startup type.

Hope that works.