What's new

problem

singh

hey,

i'm a noob at this and don't know anything (thats cause i'm 14 and never dealt with this stuff till know)

I downloaded the v1.6 project64 thing onto my computer and then when i try to go into it i'll say that something with the directx.... and the support thing said to upgrade to atleast 8. I don't know where to upload so i'm stuck their. When i go on i get a ROM and try to play it but it'll say "cannot play roms because the plugins have not been succesfully initialised." :(
So when i go to options and click configure graphics plugin it'll say "initilize the dll before u try to configure it."

please i need help lol Thanks (i'm a noob sorry)

OP
S

singh

oh and now i have a new problem... i have to keep installing to keep playing? how do i get more options other than pj64 setup??

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
You need to configure the graphics, input and soud plugins first. Read the User Manual and check the Options tab. Fiddle around with the emulator, have some adventurer's mentality.

No, you don't have to install PJ64 every time you want to play. After the first installation, the emulator will stay on your hard drive until you choose to uninstall it.

OP
S

singh

it says that the default or selected plugins are missing... shouldn't the default one be their??

Agozer

Then it's might be a DirectX problem. Run dxdiag, and the DorectX Diagnostics Tool should pop up. The first page's last line tells you want version of DirectX you have currently installed.

Agozer

Hm. Then we have a problem , unless you can provide more information (and I'm not even sure what kind of information you should provide -_-)

Oh yeah, computer specs? dxdiag tells you that too, check the Display tab for info about your graphics card.

OP
S

singh

it says

Chip Type = Intel810
DAC Type = Internal

main driver = i81xdnt5.dll

current display mode = 800 x 600 (24 bits) (60Hz)

Agozer

That is the problem most likely the problem. Integrated graphics chips aren't very good nor reliable when it comes down to gaming and emulators in general.

Change the default graphics plugin from Options --> Settings to Jabo's Direct3D6 and see if it helps. You won't get much out of the current default one (Jabo's Direct3D8) anyway.