What's new

problem with WWF No Mercy rom

xpl0sive

hi im fairly new here n i downloaded the project64 emulator just before and i downloaded both No Mercy and Wrestlemania 2000 and whenever i run both games, the wrestlers are just multicoloured figures they look really screwed, but when i change to RGB emulation the graphics are fine but it runs really slow. Can someone please help me and tell me how i can get this game running properly?
Im currently running:
Pentium III 910mhz
32mb 3Dfx vid card
128mb sound card
128mb RAM
40gig HDD

Allnatural

Get the Glide64 plugin. I don't know if it's compatible with the games mentioned, but it's a better match with your hardware.

rcgamer

the old guy
every wrestling game ilooked pretty much perfect (in limited testing) with rices new plugin. give it a try.

OP
X

xpl0sive

ok ive downloaded both these plugins and and copied the files into my plugins folder in the project64 folder but when i run the program and try to go into settings i get some error about a missing dll or something and then it says cannot load glide64.dll or some shit and it happens for both plug-ins. Can you please help me to get this working?

rcgamer

the old guy
for rices you neeed to take the mvscr and mvscp dlll s from 1964 emulator (or just use 1964) and move them to the pj64 directory. for glide 64 you will need evoodoo and put it in your 1964 folder.

Powerlord

Evil Emperor
rcgamer said:
for rices you neeed to take the mvscr and mvscp dlll s from 1964 emulator (or just use 1964) and move them to the pj64 directory. for glide 64 you will need evoodoo and put it in your 1964 folder.

Why would he need eVoodoo when he has a 3Dfx (Voodoo) card?

OP
X

xpl0sive

ok i made a mistake i dont have a 3dfx voodoo card i actually have an ATI RAGE 128 Pro. My old video card was a voodoo but i had my computer upgraded a while ago but i didnt know they replaced the video card and i just checked now in device manager and its this. Anyway, could you please tell me now what i need to get this game running, with my new graphics card?

Allnatural

xpl0sive said:
ok i made a mistake i dont have a 3dfx voodoo card i actually have an ATI RAGE 128 Pro. My old video card was a voodoo but i had my computer upgraded a while ago but i didnt know they replaced the video card and i just checked now in device manager and its this. Anyway, could you please tell me now what i need to get this game running, with my new graphics card?
Glide64 is still the best choice, but now you'll need the eVoodoo wrapper. Hardware doesn't get much worse than the Rage though, so good luck.

OP
X

xpl0sive

thanks i got it working though. I used evoodoo and it works fine, a little bit slow though. Is there anything i can do to make it a bit faster? oh and the sound is still choppy, what can i use to fix it? i had a look at the sound plug-ins archive, and there was 2 that i downloaded but they are some unknown file type and i cant open em.

Clements

eVoodoo is slow since it's emulation on top of emulation, and choppy frame rate gives choppy audio. Try using 1964 instead of PJ64 since it's faster, and use a HLE audio plugin like schibos or Azimer's 0.40b2/0.30 Old driver. Then turn on frameskip if it's still too slow.

OP
X

xpl0sive

1964 won't seem to work for some reason. its just a blank screen. no sound, no picture, nothing. Project64 isnt that bad, its not really slow i think the game is probably just like that, but its more the audio im concerned with. if i can make it faster that would be good but i'd rather fix the audio problem.

Allnatural

Audio seems to eat up a lot of CPU cycles, and less than full-speed = bad audio. 910 MHz may not be sufficient for this game in particular, or perhaps it's a million other things, hard to tell frankly.

Trotterwatch

had a look at the sound plug-ins archive, and there was 2 that i downloaded but they are some unknown file type and i cant open em.

I assume you do have Winrar in order to extract them? (just in case) If not you sure you didn't download a plugin that was for Linux or something.

OP
X

xpl0sive

*shrugs* I cbf anyway. As long as i can still play the game. Also, I tried running WWF Warzone and WWF Attitude and there is perfect sound but no picture. WTF is up with that? =/