What's new

Problem with vibration on PSX to USB convertor

djnforce9

Hi,

I currently own a "PC-PSX to USB Convertor" (This model specifically). It works perfectly fine in Windows Vista (x64) but there is one problem. The rumble intensity seems to vary drastically and I can't figure out why. I always have vibration set to 100% intensity but sometimes when I click "test" to check the vibration it's as strong as it should be while other times (same intensity settings) it's far weaker. This applies to when I start games too. Vibration is fine sometimes and in other instances, I can barely feel it (when it should be strong). I doubt it's cable connection problem because all other aspects of the controller work perfectly (i.e. buttons, control pad, and analog sticks) and on a real PS2, the vibration in the controller works perfectly so the controller itself is not failing.

I can't find any documentation whatsoever on this issue. Does anyone have any ideas? Is there an application designed specifically for tweaking vibration settings on capable controllers? I've tried different USB ports too and I get the same results.

EDIT: Oh! and yes, the drivers are installed too (or vibration wouldn't work at all) and the device is plugged directly into my PC's USB port and not a USB hub or anything of the sort.

Last edited: