What's new

Problem with the Zeldas

Juan Valdez

I'm having some issues with both the N64 Zelda games on PJ64.

I am using PJ64 1.4 with all the latest plugins etc. I have an Athlon XP processor and a Radeon 7500 video card and am running Windows XP.

OoT works pretty well, but does have a couple issues. When I press start to go to the menu, there is about a 10 second delay where just a white screen is displayed. Also, when I try and do a loadstate the game freezes up. Any ideas on how to fix those issues or do I just have to deal with it?

Majora is completely unplayable however. It didn't work on 1.3 and I was hoping that on 1.4 I could get it to run, but alas, I cannot. :( As soon as the game finishes loading, PJ64 freezes up, which is better than 1.3 where PJ64 simply crashed. I have tried Interpreter, Recompiler, with and without every setting imaginable, and still cannot get it to load. This problem occours with a lot of other games too, but I really want to play this one.

Thanks for your help

Kakarot

A few points: * the 10 second delay for the start screen to come up is normal (emu bug)

* Graphics problems like the white screen are likely (almost certain) caused by your video card drivers. Ati's drivers suck @$$. I suggest you find some third party drivers for it if that's possible but you do that at your own risk.

*Other problems: try reinstalling PJ64 and if you cannot ever get it to work there is always 1964 but you'll have to get those graphics problems fixed to enjoy 1964 w/ Jabo's plugin.

christmas bear

I have issues too. The game crashes (hangs indefinitely, rather) if I enter the castle in the daytime. The only way I can enter is by getting past the gate in the day and then going in once it's become nighttime again.

B*A*G*G

Emutalk Member... sorta
the white screen is normal with your card since you set the frame buffer emulation to clear, or none, with some drivers it just display's a pre renderd image from the game (id rather have the white screen). set the frame buffer to "emulate black screen" for a nifty black screen insted

Last edited:

N-Rage

format C:
install Win98 and u fixed EVERYTHING

have the same issues(hangs, crashes), its either caused by the MotherBoard( unlikely since its rockstable with 98 ) or its a XP-Bug. I tried everything from ripping all PCI-Cards out, playing with Bios-Settings, putting my old TNT2 in, it still crashes at DirectX-Apps.
Very likely M$ fucked up with their Hardware-Layer. Win98 is the cure for me.

Pheo

no probs with 98

i installed the corporate version of xp and have found no use for it but i haven't spent too much time with configs.
Online gaming and emulation seem to really stink on xp.

i'm with 98 all the way.

B*A*G*G

Emutalk Member... sorta
i was thinking about going back to 98se but... i think im getting over XP. there really isn't a single o/s out there that wouldnt give me problems now & again.
now that i think about it, win98 gave me problems that forced me to wipe my drive clean plenty of times. and winME gave me so much stress and hassle with fuggin blue screens poping up every 5 fuggin seconds.
and now that i got XP im dealing with its fugging problems too.
but you know what? THAT'S WHAT BEING A PC GAMER IS ALL ABOUT!!!!
i have never ran into a problem i could'nt fix, of course sometimes fixing a problem meant flushing my drive completly:lookaway:
but i try not to blame those problems on the current o/s im using.
because i know if i do nothing but play solitairy and Minesweeper
24/7 then winXP/ME/98se would run fine for the next 10 years.
its all the fugging programs, Beta drivers, and test elmulators that end up fucking my o/s in the short run. but thats something im going to fuggin deal with.

so far winXP's problems have been few for me, but its still a gamble if the damn thing is going to boot every time i fire it up.

Last edited: