What's new

Problem with Super Mario 64 textures

nedostizni

Hi there.
I have downloaded the Nineteen64 0.9.9 version and Super Mario 64 ROM file. I haven`t inserted any plgins or patches just instlled the 19964 nd run the game. Annd now i have problems with textures - they re, if i can say like that - transparent. While i a moving i the game, the textures are not stable. To see on what i mean here is an example:

mario64.jpg

P.S.

I have a ATI Radeon 9200 Video Card.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Seems to be, that's a bad rom! How is the game named in the rom browser?
Did you checked the Rom with GoodN64?

Trotterwatch

Could also be he's using the default Rices plugin on a Radeon without the SW T&L option checked on. Regardless, update the plugin to the newest version.

I'd put money on it not being a bad rom personally, but it could be.

Ch402

nedostizni said:
Hi there.
I have downloaded the Nineteen64 0.9.9 version and Super Mario 64 ROM file. I haven`t inserted any plgins or patches just instlled the 19964 nd run the game. Annd now i have problems with textures - they re, if i can say like that - transparent. While i a moving i the game, the textures are not stable. To see on what i mean here is an example:

mario64.jpg

P.S.

I have a ATI Radeon 9200 Video Card.
i have a ATI Radeon 9250 and i have the same problem, i cant find a single emulator that doesent do this, so i know it cant just be a bad rom cause it does the same with other roms too

is their a plugin that is made specialy for the ati radeon series?

Ch402

Trotterwatch said:
Could also be he's using the default Rices plugin on a Radeon without the SW T&L option checked on. Regardless, update the plugin to the newest version.

I'd put money on it not being a bad rom personally, but it could be.
good man, that fixed my problem, ta

should have wrote next to it (FOR RADEON CARDS) :p

Trotterwatch

If you enable tooltips and hover over the option it should mention that it is needed for Radeon cards. Though yeah it's not obvious to be fair :)

Glad it works for you now anyways.

TheManchild

I KNOW HOW TO FIX IT!! I had the same problem, and if you have ricies (or whatever its called) video plugen, go to propertties and use OpenGL and not DirectX then it works fine. So far I have found that the TR64 video plugin works the best, also opengl based. (sorry english is not my native language.)

Trotterwatch

If you have a Radeon you most definately want to keep using the DirectX path by using the method mentioned above. The GL mode is not as advanced in Rices plugin.

OP
N

nedostizni

I KNOW HOW TO FIX IT!! I had the same problem, and if you have ricies (or whatever its called) video plugen, go to propertties and use OpenGL and not DirectX then it works fine. So far I have found that the TR64 video plugin works the best, also opengl based. (sorry english is not my native language.)

yep that worked for me too. Thanks mte. I tried also the Jabo Direct3D6 plugin but it didn`t worked at me. So just Rice`s Deadalous 5.2.0 and set to OpenGL nothing more.
But know i he diffrent problem - whe i do that everything is ok, but the text (the explanations, and talking with the caracters) is bad(the letters and the white bcground are somehow transparent). How to fix this?

TheManchild

nedostizni said:
yep that worked for me too. Thanks mte. I tried also the Jabo Direct3D6 plugin but it didn`t worked at me. So just Rice`s Deadalous 5.2.0 and set to OpenGL nothing more.
But know i he diffrent problem - whe i do that everything is ok, but the text (the explanations, and talking with the caracters) is bad(the letters and the white bcground are somehow transparent). How to fix this?
I think they are susposed to be transparent... 5.9.9 is the latest...

OP
N

nedostizni

What you do is follow my advice in previous posts....

yep you have been right sorry for the late answer.
So for all the Radeon 9200 users, use the DirectX (not OpenGL), and just check the option "hover over" in the DirectX options. That should fix all the problems.
Thanks Trotterwatch once again.

P.S.

I think they are susposed to be transparent

yes the background should be transparent, but when i set it to the OpenGL it is too much transparent, so that was the problem - the letters couldn`t be readed. But as you can see above it has been fixed.

Last edited: