What's new

problem with save states ...help me please

Aye75

I'm in need of a big favour here...
Currently I'm playing paper mario ..and now I'm in chapter 4

My problem is my save states wont work anymore...I'm not sure what I did... it saves correctly...but when pressing f7 ... to load up the save the screen just goes blank.
This problem never occured before....I changed my vga card recently...but I'm not sure whether it's related or not since I upgraded from a radeon 32mb ddr to a radeon 8500. Everything else works okay.
I tried many things...such as reinstalling everything...moving it to another folder...removing registry setting...changing plugins....but none of them work...
I posted this before at emuforums but got no reply...so I decided to post it here... hopefully someone could help me ;)

I even reformatted my pc and did a clean install just now...but still it not working... all I get is a blank screen after loading the save :(
Even when I tried to create a new save state from my .fla file it's not working

here my system specs if it matters..
ABIT KG7 RAID
Athlon XP 1.33
Enlight 3223 300W
globalwin Fop38
2x 256mb Kingmax 2400 ddram
2xSeagate barracuda (20 Gig) RAID 0
Gigabyte ap64d radeon 8500
Philips acoustic edge
Pioneer DVD A06s 16x
Liteon 16102b cd-r

anything else you need to know??

anyways thanks in advance

Slougi

Hmm... If you are using WinXP try running PJ64 in Win98 compat mode. That seems to solve many Ati related issues. Also make sure the save states are not corrupt.

SirLuck

delete out the files in your save folder to make sure you are not working with corrupted ones. That solves most save state problems (did you do an ingame save? load that up then delete all files, then resave state)

OP
A

Aye75

SirLuck said:
delete out the files in your save folder to make sure you are not working with corrupted ones. That solves most save state problems (did you do an ingame save? load that up then delete all files, then resave state)

I already tried that but still the problem occur...

Maybe i'll try the compatibility mode...

I'll post the results later

Thanks everyone for helping ;)

OP
A

Aye75

I think the problem is gone ... after enabling compatibility mode under win 98...

Thanks ...

Update:
But a new problem arrises ... my sound is stutterring really bad in win 98 compatibility mode....

I tried azimers audio plugins and jabo's....but azimers make the worst stuttering.

What can I do to correct this???

Last edited:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Aye75 said:
I think the problem is gone ... after enabling compatibility mode under win 98...

Thanks ...

Update:
But a new problem arrises ... my sound is stutterring really bad in win 98 compatibility mode....

I tried azimers audio plugins and jabo's....but azimers make the worst stuttering.

What can I do to correct this???
Did you try to remove the compability mode for once?

OP
A

Aye75

Doomulation said:

Did you try to remove the compability mode for once?

yup I did and the problems occur again... The screen will freeze for some time and nothing happens...
And when I restart my pc a message comes out pj64 is not responding bla bla bla and its shutting down the program..

the only workaround is enabling compatibility mode...

As I remembered the only major things that I did since the problem arrises was change my graphics card and also installed the latest drivers for my souncard... other than that nothing that I could think of...

Other than that all my other programs games, dvd s/w players etc are working ok.