What's new

Problem with paper mario

Hblade2002

I don't know if it's a problem for the emulator, graphics plugin, or not a problem at all.

All the characters are black when at night. They were supposed to be shaded but not totally black. I was wondering if I had a wrong plugin configuration for it. I tried with 1964 as well, but with same results.

My comp specs are:

p4 3.2 ghz
512 ddr-ram
ati mobility radeon 9600/9700 with 64mb v-ram

Last edited by a moderator:

Powerlord

Evil Emperor
This is a known issue with most video plugins. Unfortunately, I don't know which plugins display this correctly.

kainino

i started using PJ64 v1.6 and it shows shades correctly on my computer so try that

if that dosnt work try RiceVideo but i'm not sure it works because i cant get it to load.

Last edited:

Burnpro

Supar ***
i just beat it last day with this combo: pj 1.5 DEFAULT :) (dunno why it showed you black sprites)
also try pj 1.6, you have a fast pc give it a try :)

dummy1

It's working nicely with the latest Jabo's video plugin (though it flickers horribly in some locations). With Rice I get different results - it mostly works now with 6.1.1 beta10 (not as nice as with Jabo's though), but I still get the black sprites from time to time (even with the same config), and there are also other issues. I tested it in pj64, but with 1964 You'll probably get the same results. For now You will have to switch plugins from time to time (depending on location) which is pretty annoying, but still playable.

dllee

Yes, like dummy1, I just replay Paper Mario with PJ 1.6 with Jabo's D3D8 and RiceVideo6.1.X, basically, using Jabo's D3D8, but if it flickers, switch to Rice :)