What's new

Problem with Naruto

dam

excuse me but i'm french but i speek english a lot. :blush:
My computer is a pentium 4 2.6GHz 512 MO (RAM) and the fps in naruto is already 2 or 3 :yucky:
Why? :plain:

Thank you for your help

JinXD

Emulating the gamecube requires a far more powerful CPU than you currently have. Wait a few years until better hardware is available..........

EDIT: Enable dynarec for a speed increase, although at the expense of compatability

Last edited:

WaterMelon34

Actually, XBOX uses a pentium 3 and something like a geforce 2 graphics card. So why would we need monster computers to be able to play emulated games? We just have to find a way for the games to emulate properly and then anyone with a medium end computer can play all 3 consoles with ease...

grandlx

Banned
lol yeah. Some people here have no idea what the true power of the game cube is. And a amd athlon 64 3000+ is way more powerful. To play any GC game at its fullest you require atleast 256Mb DDR due to the game needs alot of ram. PCs use alot of ram for other things, while consoles only concentrate on one thing..So even the new systems only require 256 MB DDR (by this i mean PS3/Nintendo R/ Xeon or whatever the new xbox is called. But i hear they will double it to 512 DDR. Which is good. Obviously due to the new technology advancements and as well the new system features and extras.

JinXD

WaterMelon34 said:
Actually, XBOX uses a pentium 3 and something like a geforce 2 graphics card. So why would we need monster computers to be able to play emulated games? We just have to find a way for the games to emulate properly and then anyone with a medium end computer can play all 3 consoles with ease...
You have no idea what you're talking about....

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Why do we need a monster computer? It's quite simple. The PC does not have the hardware that consoles have. So, in short, the PC hardware cannot execute the things the console hardware does. So the processor must take the load and process this information. Mostly only the gfx is pushed onto the gfx card (after being translated), everything else is handled by the processor which is WHY we need such monstrous machines.
Also take heed that windows is a multi-threaded OS. Just running the OS spawns about 300 threads which the cpu power is divided within. No such thing exists on consoles. I'm sure there are things I don't know about consoles, but this is the basic of the problem I think...

spyro32

SSBM and Kingdom Hearts fan
maybe we should put dooms post or something like dooms post to sticky cuz im very sure there will be a number of people asking this over&over again :yawn: :term: :bunny:

JinXD

spyro32 said:
maybe we should put dooms post or something like dooms post to sticky cuz im very sure there will be a number of people asking this over&over again :yawn: :term: :bunny:
Stickies rarely work, he'll likely just put it in his sig with everything else ;)

DOGG

well if we have a sticky we can just post the link to that every time someone asks the question. and that can be the end of the thread.