What's new

Problem with Kirby 64

retrofan101

I am new to Emulators and I have downloaded only 2 games so far, Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask and Kirby 64, when using the arrow keys in Legend of Zelda, everything works fine, but on kirby 64 when it asks if you know how to use copy abilitied, I can't pick "Yep!" and I can only pick no, and then it asks if you want to watch again, Yes is highlighted, so its a never ending loop, I tried pressing every button, but the highlighter never moves to the other thing. ANy way to fix this?

Toasty

Sony battery
Just like on the original console, Kirby 64 uses the directional pad rather than the analog stick. You'll have to use whichever keys/buttons/sticks are mapped to the directional pad in Options->Configure Controller Plugin...

(Is the search function broken?)

OP
R

retrofan101

Still nothing is workings, I pressed EVERY button on my keyboard, fooled with the Configure Controller Plugin (But I can't even change the options anyway, it won't let me.)

Toasty

Sony battery
What do you mean it won't let you change the options? Assuming you're using the default input plugin, open its configuration. If you're using the keyboard, select None under Game Device; otherwise select the joystick you want to use. Then click the button next to any controller function and press the key/button/stick that you would like to perform that function.

By default, 4, 8, 6 and 2 on the keyboard's number pad perform the left, up, right and down directional pad functions of the 64's controller, respectively.

Toasty

Sony battery
You don't need a number pad if you map the directional pad to some other keys that you do have.