What's new

Problem with Iggys Reckin Balls

ZaphodB.

Hi i have a major problem with iggys reckin balls, it happens very often after the end of a race that the screen turns black, music is still running but the game seems to stuck. I have tried Rice 6.1.1 and Jabo 1.6 dx8. Does anyone know the Problem or a way to solve it? By the way Iggys Reckin Balls is a damn good game, my n64 crashed so i only can play it on emulator, please help me...

Clements

It froze for me after I completed a race as well (I think it was the 4th Race of Easy Street or thereabouts), using PJ64 1.6, latest RDB updates with the verified (U) ROM and default plugins.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Clements said:
It froze for me after I completed a race as well (I think it was the 4th Race of Easy Street or thereabouts), using PJ64 1.6, latest RDB updates with the verified (U) ROM and default plugins.

clements hurrah, can you try with high SMCM (say Check Mem ADvance) and TLB on please. maybe i didnt play enough

Clements

Tried those new settings, and got to about the 7th race this time before I got a black screen after the race.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
damn, this is the worst kind of thing to check. i'll make a note of the issue tho
whats weird is i remember playing this is a lot years ago, and having no issues.
and haven't replicated yet on 1.6 either

if anyone can confirm hang is still there with 3rd party vid plugin thatd be great.

Last edited:

Clements

Wait a sec, just downloaded the recent 8/10/05 N64 No-Intro dat, it appears that Iggy's Reckin Balls was redumped, so the current GoodN64 is likely wrong here. Here is the info I'm getting from No-Intro:

Code:
game (
	name "Iggy's Reckin' Balls (U)"
	description "Iggy's Reckin' Balls (U)"
	rom ( name "Iggy's Reckin' Balls (U).z64" size 4194304 crc 0x6a6fbd5d md5 0x464211abb602ee1005974d2d835a3bcf sha1 0x1a32230e0ef147b3c8c07ece5aec96458286b4af )
)

According to No-Intro, the rom from GoodN64 is an overdump, and has a completely different CRC. Someone needs to test with the No-Intro version, as the info from GoodN64 appears outdated.

Last edited:

Smiff

Emutalk Member
interesting, but i heard the same hang was happening with (E) and (J). unlikely they are all bad

Clements

Using GBATA to trim the ROM to 4MB gets the same CRC and MD5 as the one in No-Intro, it plays normally but it crashes in the same place as before, so it is still probably an emulator issue.

OP
Z

ZaphodB.

Smiff i used direct64 and rice 6.1.1 and rive 5.6.0 and rice 5.5.1 .... i tried all
differnet cache options and all other options of the emulator nothing works.
I do manage to play about two or three races, then it crashes. So using a different vidplugin doesnt work too...

bmyers22

I searched the forums and found this. I'm having trouble with Iggy's Reckin' Balls as well.

Using Project64 1.6 (the current version) with the latest RDB files. I think it's the GoodN64 version. It came in a .7z file with the (E) and (J) files, as well. I only tried the (U) file.

I launched the game with cheats to get all characters and tracks (though there seems to be one character still locked). And after the first track, I think, the game went to the black screen and wouldn't come back. I have since tried to go to other races. I went to Race 5, which is Funkytown, or something. And it wouldn't start. It went to the black screen after the race select. I have sound turned off, so I don't know if the sound kept playing. But the game didn't come back.

I tried the older version of Jabo's Direct3D plugin (1.5.2) and that didn't help. I tried Unofficial DaedalusD3D8 0.08 Rel. 3. And that didn't work, either.

A couple times the game did show the Progress screen, then it went to the black screen. I tried different suggestions in the thread, along with messing with other settings. And it didn't work.

I don't know if it's because I'm using the character "Mask" or what. I'm hoping that some solution can be found. Unless something already was found and I'm not seeing it.