What's new

Problem with chankast

SSTG

Hey all a new guy here I've downloaded all the files needed though when I start my game up it doesn't show the video correctly I don't see any text and colours are screwed up I'm guessing its my graphics card but I'd check first to see if its a fixable problem first everything else works fine though

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Yes, it is your graphics card. No, you can fix it until you get a better card.

I'm guessing that your "card" is an Intel brand.

a-mac

mines is intel brand and hears what the games look like

untitledgb2.jpg

I thought i set it up wrong also

OP
S

SSTG

yea its a intel and I can't really replace it since its a laptop I've got and people tell me most videocards can't be replaced in them

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
yea its a intel and I can't really replace it since its a laptop I've got and people tell me most videocards can't be replaced in them
Yes, that is true. You can't replace it. Laptops aren't that good for emulating 3D systems for the fairly obvious reason that the integrated graphics chips suck herds of reindeers compared to decent video cards in desktop computers.

OP
S

SSTG

Well I tried it out on my dads PC cause I was talking to someone about it and he said might be a Ghz problem so I knew it had more than what my laptop did tried it out worked alot better I could see the dreamcast logo as it started up though it gave me the chankast must close we're sorry for the blah blah I'll have to look into that

OP
S

SSTG

Well I did get it working the video drivers needed updating which got it working came out better too only issue was some lag with the dialog and some sounds and the floor textures kept vanishing while I was moving on them but the ones around sonic etc were still there