What's new

Problem with ASPI in win2000 pro

Cassius.fog

Well, i read the FAQ and installed the updated drivers following every instruction, but shankast keeps crashing when i turn the cd rom plugin into ASPI...
Ive only been able to run power stone 1, and every other game i got selfbootable doesent start at all, in jumps right into the bios music player.

Has anyone had this problem under win2000?

Neo_Cortex

Just change the CD-Rom interface to xxx-xxx(or something like this :) ). Because I'm having the same problem when I select ASPI drivers, but xxx-xxx interface works fine for me(And it's the same). I'm using win Xp Pro+Sp1. But I think the problem ist with ASPI-CD-ROM-plugin that chankast has, which doesn't comunicate with your(and mine) ASPI drivers properly. Or we have installed a bad ASPI version, but I don't think so.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Cassius.fog said:
Well, i read the FAQ and installed the updated drivers following every instruction, but shankast keeps crashing when i turn the cd rom plugin into ASPI...
Ive only been able to run power stone 1, and every other game i got selfbootable doesent start at all, in jumps right into the bios music player.

Has anyone had this problem under win2000?
You have custom IDE drivers installed that's why the emulator crashes for you (this isn't a fault of the emulator but a conflict between the ASPI and IDE drivers). Do as I write on the FAQ or uninstall the drivers of your mainboard.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Neo_Cortex said:
Or just change your Cd-Rom interface to xxx-xxx
Nope, the xxx CD-ROM interface does not work under Windows 2000 (only a couple of games can boot and only under specific circumstances).

OP
Cassius.fog

Cassius.fog

I read your guide before posting, i tryed installing the new ASPI drivers that you posted, but after changing the custom driver to the windows ones, the first driver to download didnt exactly....started... it kept throwing me an error that "the file could not be found....", so i unziped it and tryed to find something similar to an installer. Then, when i "installed" the ASPI_471a2.exe (or well...the unziped one), i rebooted and installed the "aspi32.exe" to finish the process and rebooted again. The thing is that chankast crashed when i turned into ASPI cd rom plugin and hitted "START" to play a game.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
It's quite simple. You have to uninstall the IDE drivers of your mainboard (either from the "add/remove programs" section or manually) then the emulator will not crash.

OP
Cassius.fog

Cassius.fog

PsyMan said:
It's quite simple. You have to uninstall the IDE drivers of your mainboard (either from the "add/remove programs" section or manually) then the emulator will not crash.
Uninstall them?
I think im not quite following you... Do you have MSN/ICQ so we can get in touch man?

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
It's simple. From the Windows control panel go where you remove the installed programs, find the motherboard drivers and uninstall them.

OP
Cassius.fog

Cassius.fog

PsyMan said:
It's simple. From the Windows control panel go where you remove the installed programs, find the motherboard drivers and uninstall them.
uninstal my motherboard drivers?
That doesent even seems rational...
If i do that, what driver should i use then?

OP
Cassius.fog

Cassius.fog

PsyMan said:
The ones that come with windows. You may have to insert the Windows 2000 CD-ROM.
The only motherboard drivers that i see are my nForce drivers.
Ill see if i can upload some pictures.

OP
Cassius.fog

Cassius.fog

PsyMan said:
Uninstall the nForce drivers and the emulator will work.
If i do, the computer wont start.
Ive done it before to upgrade the nforce drivers, and it didnt start at all after i deleted them.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Aparently you don't know how to use a PC (If you knew, you would be able to uninstall the drivers).
A possible solution is the following:
Reinstall the nForce drivers and during the instalation at the point where the installer asks you to install the nForce IDE controller driver chose not to install it. After that the emulator will work.