What's new

problem sound with shenmue 1 and 2

Limak-san

hello everybody, i have a probllem with shenmue 1 and 2 , i have no music during the game and no voice only the sound of ryo's steps sound and the "bip" during the menu is it normal? i know that chankast is an alpha version or if its the fault of my hardware? all my driver are update...and its not written on the compatibility list of chankast :bouncy:

see ya! :p

edit: i'm happy to see that i'm not the only! lol :saint:

Last edited:

Mac2x!

i have the same problem :(

and another big problem...this game at the end of the 1st cd dont switch to the second zob :( :( :( :(

help us !! ^_^

ND47

For me, in shenmue 1, only the music (cassette player) doesn't work.
To switch to disk 2 you have just to save at the end of disk 1 and load the savegame from disk 2.
For the sound problem maybe the next release will fix it ;)

Mac2x!

ND47 said:
For me, in shenmue 1, only the music (cassette player) doesn't work.
To switch to disk 2 you have just to save at the end of disk 1 and load the savegame from disk 2.
For the sound problem maybe the next release will fix it ;)

the cd2 dont start :( the emu freeze after Sega screen :(
my iso is wrong? :(

ND47

Maybe your bios is not in english. My Shenmue 2 disk 2 didn't work because my bios was in french, I put it in english and the game worked. Try this if you're not in english ;) . If it doesn't work maybe your iso is wrong :corpse: .

OP
Limak-san

Limak-san

my bios was in french too before and i change it to english nothing change i use ntsc bios too to see nothing change too! and shenmue 1 have the same prob! no music but i have voice in shenmue 2 no music (the music start but seem to crash however i have music when i open the notebook) and no voice! i have only the voices at events....:(
i have this only with shenmue 1 and 2 no prob with doa2

edit: sorry! i change it!!

Last edited:

astroduck

Maybe a problem with your iso, try re-download again or something.
If that still doesn't work, wait for the next version.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Okay, probably is it a silly comment, but please guys, stop talking about "I downloaded" and the place, or things like just redownload it... get another copy sounds better and isn't as much illegal like your other post...
BTW: Limak-san you should change your post (because of the warez download site name, you know what I mean?!?

OP
Limak-san

Limak-san

too bad anyone can't help me! :'( i think i have too wait the next version of chankast loooool

Godfather

i am currently playing shanmue2, for sound there are some bugs with it but its working, you mentioned that you can hear only foot steps, then something is wrong with your hardware couse i can hear the ppl talking, and also when its important scene you can hear rye(if i remember his name right) and the other persons talking with no problem sound quality is also real good, while i was switching to cd2 i had to save the game and restart emulator then load again, if your cd doesn't start with cd2 then you must remove the cd and start chanka, change the language to english then put cd in and reset, if it happends more often you need to change the bios because for some reason it gets corrupted and it can't start.

Nightmare

(when dream come true)
elifecyber said:
hmm shenmue, never heard of it what kind of game is it?
??? it's possible that ???
lol, it's an adventure/role/fighting game... i know... it's not clear... but i can't do better...

OP
Limak-san

Limak-san

but its only do that with shenmue 1 et 2 but doa LE works perfectly (just a bit slow) :bye3:

achiles

Limak-san said:
hello everybody, i have a probllem with shenmue 1 and 2 , i have no music during the game and no voice only the sound of ryo's steps sound and the "bip" during the menu is it normal? i know that chankast is an alpha version or if its the fault of my hardware? all my driver are update...and its not written on the compatibility list of chankast :bouncy:

see ya! :p

edit: i'm happy to see that i'm not the only! lol :saint:

The reason your are not getting voice on shenmue is because you have a ripped (illegal) copy, get a real one and a coder's cable and back up your own, The reason your not getting music is an emulator problem and cant be solved yet.

aika-san

elifecyber said:
hmm shenmue, never heard of it what kind of game is it?

Go to these pages to find out what other people think of them:

Shenmue 1 : http://www.gamefaqs.com/search/go.php?id=198621&tp=5.html

Shenmue 2 : http://www.gamefaqs.com/search/go.php?id=458064&tp=5.html

They're both excellent games. My eyes popped out of my head and sat on my desk when I first saw them. They both have excellent soundtracks too. I'm listening to the Shenmue 1 soundtrack as I type this. There was also a full 1.5 hour movie containing the events of Shenmue 1 which is top-notch stuff too. You can get/see this movie by buying/hiring/begging for the xbox version of shenmue 2 which contains the dvd movie as a bonus. The movie was also created entirely using the Shenmue 1 game engine. Thats probably the cheapest way of seeing what Shenmue is all about. The character you play, Ryo, is one of the coolest characters in a game ever. Yu Suzuki and the team of developer's were in love with these games when they were making them. Only problem is all other games pale in comparison once you've played these ones. Shenmue 2 was supposed to be the game that would save the Dreamcast. It's just a shame it didn't. I reckon Shenmue 1 is better than 2 though 'cause Nozomi is way cuter than Joy. ;)

OP
Limak-san

Limak-san

haha yes nozmi was cute! (i'm in love lol) i'm a big fan of shenmue!!! i buy a dreamcast for that game only! and i use chankast for same reason(lol)

well thanks for your answers i'll wait next verion of chankast