What's new

Problem running UltraHLE on Windows XP

ShadowPrince

Cant check it now,but i strongly believe the problem is with
country code and ini design,most of those cheats and/or patches will work only on roms of one particular region.
Zelda (E) wont run on any system with current ini,unless u go to ini and manually change patches values.Try to play with commented french values.
Zelda (u) should work ok.

OP
Tarikoo

Tarikoo

That's strange because I got exactly the same problem with SupraHLE fr that is the only "up to date" french version of UltraHLE.
Here I am at university, so back to home, I'll try with UltraHLE fr.

OP
Tarikoo

Tarikoo

I found the problem !

The problem come from the ini, but no relation with resolution or windows mode...
It tryed serverals inis :

original uhle ini
last suprahle
last uhle by the company
ini of Ultrahle fr

and only the ini of the ultrahle fr, launched zelda and supermario EUR, and successfully.

Here is the ini of ultrahle fr (1.49), so please, UltraHLE developpers think about this for inis of future releases...

In fact, according my numerous test the problem got no relation with ultrahle executable (original 1.0.0, suprahle, alpha 1.0.0, Ultra.exe fr 1.49...) or glides wrappers.

Last edited:
OP
Tarikoo

Tarikoo

ultrahle fr

Hum also I want to add that ultrahle fr executable, that is only a hack of 1999, did without source code, support inside controler configuration and executable path space bug fix, and actually, no ultrahle modification support that ! (even recent suprahle !) :plain2:
hope with the source code we'll see something good nearly :)

zAlbee

Keeper of The Iron Tail
Tarikoo, you are right, it has to do with the INI. But it is not a bug. By default, the INI is configured to work with the US version of Mario (and probably most other games). Open your INI in wordpad, search for your game, you will see the lines:

// Note:
// To play the PAL Version of Super Mario 64, Disable the Patch Code
// Below by putting // in front of osrange=80300000,80380000
osrange=80300000,8032b300 // US Version

Problem solved. Put a couple of slashes in, and now you can play your PAL rom. I recommend you do this using the latest INI that comes with Supra; no need to keep all those other files.

aramp

I also have Windos XP and I am having trouble with using UltraHLE_2064_v1 no matter which plugin I used and no matter which setting I tried when it loads the rom and about to display the game I always get the error message UltraHle 2064 - Next Level Emulator has encountered a problem and needs to close.

I tried Ledgend of Zelda, Super Mrio Kart and a few others I cant recal.

I do understand that with the other Ultrahle unless you have a 3DFX based card it wont work, so I have tried glide wrappers with others with similar results.

Current system config if this may help.

Windows XP+SP1
P4 - 2.0GHZ
512MB ram
80GB
gForce 4 Ti 4400 (driver Detonator 40.82)
Direct X 8.x

thank you for any assistance that you may give :) Also please correct me If I may have missed something obvious.

I think i found the problem as long as I used the internal UHLE audio it does not crash and the game loads just fine. odd....

Last edited: