What's new

Problem loading ROMS

TonyNder

OK, here's the situation. I was using JNES .4 Beta on my home system and it was fine, then I put version 0.5.2 on and it worked fine as well. However, when I put it on a crappy gateway running Win98 (which was previously using version .40 beta) now when I try to load roms on that machine nothing happens. I click on "open rom" and no dialog appears. Nothing at all. I can double click on an actual ROM file and it opens in the emulator, I can choose one from the history menu and it opens. Is this something to do with 98 using different dialogs than XP/2K? This sounds to me like it might actually be a Windoze problem. Has anybody else experienced anything along these lines??? Thanks.

Tony.

Jiiimbooh

As I've previously said in the thread "Reactions to .5.2" I have the exact same problems and I use Win 98 SE. Reinstalling and deleting the registry keys doesn't work.

EDIT- I also have Jnes 0.5 and 0.5.1 installed on this computer and they don't have this problem.

Last edited:

Jabo

Emulator Developer
When I was adding multimedia keyboard support somehow I thought it would be a good idea to define a compile for windows nt, I guess I've had my focus at other things and didn't really think twice about it

We can add this to the list of things to be fixed in 0.5.3 when it is released, please in the mean time as the previous post suggested use 0.5.1 as I try to fix it, thanks to everyone for the heads up

Last edited:

Jiiimbooh

TIP: If you still want to use 0.5.2 and have this problem you can use the "browse" function instead of the "open" one (go to file/browse...). It works for me.