What's new

Problem in OoT

psymaster

Any ways to fix the problem that occurs in OoT when the camera is in a fixed position (all background turns black & white something while sprites remain ok)?

OP
P

psymaster

"Does "change blending mode if invalid" work? Try it."

No it doesn't.

It doesn't do it on pj64, that's what bugs me.

schibo

Emulator Developer
1964 does not support jpeg decompression.
pj64 accomplishes this automatically by way of low-level emulation of the rsp.

Johnny_Rico

Mobile Infantry
psymaster said:
here is a screenshot for people who haven't seen it:

:) It happens to everyone (I have a GeForce!)

Guess we will have to wait for 1964 0.8.

Last edited:

songoku

Black Swordsman
Johnny_Rico said:

Guess we will have to wait for 1964 0.8.

yeah, but I think the same problem happens also with the unofficial 0.8 compiled version... I'm not completely sure about this, anyway ???
who knows?

OP
P

psymaster

talking of the unoficially compiled version, i can't get the game to work in it.

it wasn't a problem with my matrox eventually was it?...

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
The Khan Artist said:
Hmm... would it be possible to accomplish this through HLE as well? Or not?
Yes, it is possible. Just as everything else.
But, HLE is harder to emulate than LLE, and would therefore require some work from the authors.

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
What I meant was, could it be accomplished through changes in the GFX plugin, or would it require core changes as well. I'm assuming if you could figure out the memory address the compressed texture is located at, you could decompress it in the plugin...

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
The Khan Artist said:
What I meant was, could it be accomplished through changes in the GFX plugin, or would it require core changes as well. I'm assuming if you could figure out the memory address the compressed texture is located at, you could decompress it in the plugin...
Well, yes, it had to make changes in the core. Since it's the core that stands for decompressing this and stuff (or am I wrong????) and sends them to the plugin.

Tri-Force

Philosopher Warrior
my sugestion is use Supra hle or Ultra hle for now or pj64 if all you want to do is play the game. if you're into tinkering with things then go for it dude maybe you'll find something