What's new

Problem in compiling ver 0.5

mojo

I tried to compile the src but I ended up with this msg:

mojo@ubuntu:~/Desktop/mupen64_src-0.5$ ./configure
*** Couldn't compile test program.
*** Couldn't find a working C compiler!

I find this problem very weird, I look through the script, it seems to me just to test out whether you have 'gcc' or not, if not it will use 'cc' instead. I am using Ubuntu Breezy Alpha 3, I checked carefully that my system has 'gcc-4.0' compiler installed. Firstly I thought it's gcc-4.0 fault, I installed the gcc-3.4 and gcc-3.3 but the problem still remains. Anyone has any idea?

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
I though there was always at least a "gcc" symlink to call the compiler on linux... is it "cc" on your system ?

i'll try to fix it, meanwhile, the easy fix for you is to edit the configure script and search these lines :
Code:
check_cc
if [ "$?" -ne "0" ]; then
  echo "*** Couldn't find a working C compiler!"
  exit 1
fi

comment the exit line

Then open the Makefile and replace gcc by cc

OP
mojo

mojo

Hacktarux said:
I though there was always at least a "gcc" symlink to call the compiler on linux... is it "cc" on your system ?

i'll try to fix it, meanwhile, the easy fix for you is to edit the configure script and search these lines :
Code:
check_cc
if [ "$?" -ne "0" ]; then
  echo "*** Couldn't find a working C compiler!"
  exit 1
fi

comment the exit line

Then open the Makefile and replace gcc by cc
Ok, it works now, Great help. Thx.

Last edited:

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
mojo said:
Ok, it works now, Great help. Thx.

Ok i helped you but you didn't answer my question about your compiler, is it "cc" ? it'd be better if i could fix it for next release ;)

OP
mojo

mojo

Hacktarux said:
Then, tell me what is it....
it's 'gcc' on my system if I install the dummy 'gcc' package. If I dun install that dummy package, it's just 'gcc-3.3' or 'gcc-4.0'. There is no 'cc' command or 'cc' alias.

ciruZ

mojo: You should do an "export CC=gcc-3.3" on Ubuntu or install the gcc-Package which is a symlink on the used gcc version. Anyway, Mupen64 should respect $CC if set (if it doesn't yet). ;)

OP
mojo

mojo

No, I didn't do any env-update, but isn't it auto-done for u in Ubuntu?