What's new

[Problem Help] Resident Evil Code Veronica Very Fast Speed

Redfield

Hi all, well my problem is the framerates of RECV.

I mount the image, configure all and run the game, al fine, later the company videos run fast ( campcon video, advertiment, etc ) but no problem with this, the problem is in game.

The screen of new game/load game/options, run fast, is dificult choose a option but in the end i can choose start game, the opening video run great all fine but later in game playing the invetory run very fast, 80-100 fps, them to choose a item is very dificult and the options screen same, but is a minimun problem, the big problem is the movement of the player, enemys and world is some zones, for example in the first room the game run totally great at 30 fps (the game has been created to play at 30 fps, it is his perfect speed) but in the next room...,omg claire transform in to Sonic the Hedgehog and i play sonic adventure LoL, all is so fast i have 50/80 FPS my movements are fast really fast, the Insects of the typewriter fly fast, the door open fast too, is unplayable in this speed, but in the next zone back to decent speed.

And dont only that, in the same zone i can have two o more parts with normal and fast speed, for example i go to one room and i stand in the center of this room and have normal speed and later i go to the corner of the room and have a fast speed, is a change from fast normal fast normal, totally unplayable.

Then the problem is the FPS limits, the game is for playing at 30 fps but the emulator dont have a fps limits, then the game exceeds his perfect speed doing that everything is very rapid and therefore few playable.

I try with english/spanish BIOS, with capcom hack activated/disabled, overclocking the CPU with "+" and "-", changing the configuration of my grafic card drivers ( Vsync, AA, etc), with different resolutions and refresh rates, with others versions of the emulator, etc etc and nothing...

Please give me some solution for this problem, the game run great no crashes, grafics good etc, only the fast speed :(
Or give me some program with that it can limit the fps.

The game is NTCS in spanish, i use Chankast Alpha 025 woth spanish/enligsh bios, drivers nVidia 81.85 and at is all i mean.
And my computer is:
Windows XP Pro SP1
AMD Arhlon 64 prcessor 3200+
1GB DRR Ram
nVidia GeForce FX 5900 XT 128 MB

Please some help not that more to do :unsure:

Thnxs
- Redfield -

Cobrax1884

Banned
it seems that you're pc is too fast :) i don't think that you can do something about it but if this can help try speed pig (included in chankast utilities)

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Speedpig is unreliable and can compromise system stability. Besides, Chankast Utilities doesn't even work that well with Chankast Alpha 0.25.

OP
R

Redfield

I have tried it with the Chankast Alpha 02a and his utilities and it continues working so fast, i try with the speedpig in slow/fast/medium, with the task manager into all the options also it changes the region and nothing. Then I am going to make a video and upload it to youtube in order that see since the RECV works. Thank you for answering so rapidly:bouncy:

OP
R

Redfield

Well I have tried in safe mode so much with alpha 025 since as with alpha 02a and the problem persists :S
I leave you a video of since it works. The video this newly uploaded by what it can that even not this available for turns, and another thing, on the fps an having recorded it lowered with what many mas works fast of what one sees and the fps are major but can apreciate a bit the speed is more fast than normal.

pd: Thank you for yours answers and help, I estimate it very much.
-Redfield-

Last edited:

Cobrax1884

Banned
wow, that's fast hehe, you barely selected something in the menus XD nice vid btw oh and you really started the pc in safemode @.@

OP
R

Redfield

Yeah xD i start the pc in safe mode and I have tried everything what has happened to me to make it to work, whole I do not lose anything.
And I have found a limitor program of fps but psss does not help very much.
This way that to waiting for some help for which I already not that to do :_( snif

xneoangel

Persona User
Well since you have already tried chankast utilities and didn't work, the most you can do is set your refresh rate to 60hz and force Vsync, by doing that your FPS won't go over 60, that's not much help but its still better than playing at 80FPS.

OP
R

Redfield

For axcc123: i have the ntcs version, ntcs is region us i mean, but with spanish subtitles that is all.

For xneoangel: Yeah i know i already try this, see my first post " changing the configuration of my grafic card drivers ( Vsync, AA, etc), with different resolutions and refresh rates"
But thanx for u response :)

Last edited:
OP
R

Redfield

I know but some games can be changed the subtitles, i can buy a US game, open the image and change the subtitles and somethings like that, then i have a US RECV with Spanish subtitles, and i have re3 us with spanish subtitles and other games too.
If mi RECV It was not NTCS civil servant with cable VGA nevertheless I need to have activated cable NTSC with what it is US.
If i find someone with FULL US RECV and work great then i buy the game in full us.
But shaft at the time better to guard the money just in case xD

OP
R

Redfield

Impossible?
Then for that if I put cable VGA this appears and in NTSC i can play? ¿the VGA is for PAL and NTSC dor US/NTSC games not? :S :
http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/6803/recvvgaqx9.jpg

Or a game that has to be a format pal according to your theory, i active the cabin PAL and dont work and activating the cabin NTSC i can play. Even the image of the game and the link wherefrom i obtain puts clearly NTSC Spanish
Soul Reaver psx NTSC with subtitles and doubled to the Spanish:
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/5853/ntscspanishcx5.jpg

Dino Crisis 2 NTSC with subtitles to spanish:
http://img171.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dcntcsspanishjb4.jpg

And the most of my games are in NTSC with spanish subs, I can record a video in order that you see if I activate the cabin PAL it does not work and in NTSC if and totally translated and doubled to the Spanish.
I dont understand so much of this, probably Dreamcast's games are different but in the link puts NTSC in spanish.

PD: I have eliminated the name of the emulator of psx because not if serious did advertising of another emulator the lazy credit the name or is spam or something like that.

Last edited: