What's new

problem creating selfboot

holymoz

hi, I had a problem creating selfboot, I used fastboot and exoskeletor gui, in the end I obtained a cdi image , I load it in daemon tool but if I try to open the virtual cd appears an error message like "disk is damaged or incompatible with windows", try to open with cdrwin show only one audio track and an unidentified track, what's the problem? thanks!!

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
You don't have enough free disk space when starting the procedure. The free disk space must be about 3.5 times more than the size of the CD you want to make selfbootable.

OP
holymoz

holymoz

I have enough disc space, both programs works without an error to the end, the imagefile was created but can be readed by virtual cd, I try also to convet the cdi to nrg but the error was the same

OP
holymoz

holymoz

thanks for the responses, I wish to know a thing, how is the selfbooting process maked? it seems to me that the 1stread and ip files are extract from cd, modified with binhack and then reinserted in the cd (like image), is right? to the end the cd will contain a first session with an audio file.
what happened if I try to selfboot an already selfbooting cd? example with a cd selfboot, I want to remove the dummy, i copy all the files except dummy out of cd, I create an imagefile of this files, I load it in virtual drive and I create the selfboot cd, but the modifing of 1stread and ip can be make two times? some game doesn't has the ip file, how can work the selfboot program?
sorry for my annoyng questions but I must know the "why" of things, not only the "how", thanks!!

OP
holymoz

holymoz

ok I make a selfboot game with exoskeletor gui, very nice gui, the game works only if I burn it, if I create the cdi image this won't work, better than nothing