What's new

Problem configuring controls with Logitech Attack 3 controller

Yeppers

I am having a problem configuring my control settings for my new Logitech joystick.

Whenever I click on a button in the analog controller settings, (for instance, I click on the button that controls moving to the left), I will move the joystick to the direction that I want it to control, and the letter becomes "Z-". Whenever I try to click on another button to configure, I get "Sorry the input selection is already in use" without pressing any keys or buttons on the joystick. I click Defaults to reset it, and when I ever click a button, it then instantly changes to "Z-".

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Calibrate the joystick sticks in control Panel and try again. If that fails, try another input plugin (e.g. N-Rage).

OP
Y

Yeppers

I tried the N-Rage input plugin, and when I set the controls for the joystick, it detected the movement. but whenever I tried to play Starfox, the joystick doesn't do anything. All of the buttons work, though

And now, for the default plugin, I was able to set the controls for Left and Up, but whenever I try to set the controls for Right and Down, it doesn't do anything. I'm not sure exactly how to configure my joystick, if I haven't already.

Last edited:

spartan

to calibrate the joystick go to start menu, control panel, printers and other hardware, game controllers, than you should see you controller then click properties, and i think you can figure out the rest from there.

Zetsuei

Trouble setting controls

I also want to set specific keyboard/mouse controls that the (logitech attack 3) joystick would execute when a specific command on the joystick is given, such as joystick movement or one of the 11 'programmable' buttons.

In short, an example would be setting button 1 to be mouse left click, or button 3 to be mouse right click, or setting button 2 to be keyboard 'a', or button 5 to be keyboard 'b'.

I don't necessarily want those exact settings, but if someone could give me instructions on how to specifically program the buttons (not in-game, I don't want to change game settings) to a specific keystroke, mouse control, or macro (multiple buttons simultaneously).

Also, I am trying to set up two joysticks to work (both at once in same game), but when one is already plugged in my computer won't recognize the other one when I plug that one in.

Any help would be... helpful.

Thanks.

-Zetsuei

spartan

I also want to set specific keyboard/mouse controls that the (logitech attack 3) joystick would execute when a specific command on the joystick is given, such as joystick movement or one of the 11 'programmable' buttons.

In short, an example would be setting button 1 to be mouse left click, or button 3 to be mouse right click, or setting button 2 to be keyboard 'a', or button 5 to be keyboard 'b'.

I don't necessarily want those exact settings, but if someone could give me instructions on how to specifically program the buttons (not in-game, I don't want to change game settings) to a specific keystroke, mouse control, or macro (multiple buttons simultaneously).

Also, I am trying to set up two joysticks to work (both at once in same game), but when one is already plugged in my computer won't recognize the other one when I plug that one in.

Any help would be... helpful.

Thanks.

-Zetsuei

im pretty sure theres noway to use shortcuts or mouse/keyboard movements with your game pad but i may be wrong!

also i use a ps3 controller and it allows me to use both joysticks, maybe trying a different input plugin would let u use it.