What's new

Probably old news but I mean ouch!

khanmeister

Banned
smegforbrain said:
Khan seems to be following the "Stealing is good, mmkay" motto.

Not a good one to follow.

HA HA. Definitely not. I was merely pointing out that people who carry weapons and the potential to kill, and people who steal old people's retirements, deserve longer harsher prison sentence. Even though this guy had a modicum of success in his software piracy scam, he seems pretty small time to me.

Also, when I said they come out "different", I meant they come out potentially much MUCH more dangerous. :alien2:

It seems a shame to send this guy, who (though a criminal and in need of therapy, be it prison or otherwise) was basically a petty thief to prison where he can learn to be a cold hard calculated bastard. Over a couple thousand computer games. It seems silly when child molestors, gang bangers, and dirty politicians ALL get off easier.

He's still a criminal and needs punishment, I wasn't debating that.

Talas

Son of the Sky
I have to defend Khan. I too think that the judge should have rather put him in jail for a year and after that let him work off all the money he robbed from the companies. Let him clean the shit of Elephants in Zoos or something like that.

And of course, let someone control his access to the internet and forbid it. :) That will hit him harder than any punishment.

Alchy

I think he would have got off a lot lighter if he hadn't got 700k worth of hardware bills in his lap. That's serious fraud.

I was under the impression razor were just a release group, not a commercial operation making accurate duplicates (boxed with covers etc). If they were the latter, lock 'em up, they knew the consequences and chose to take the risk. If they were just spreading games around the net, I'd give a much lighter sentence (excepting the hardware fraud, of course). Just the bill would have been enough - he'd never touch warez again in his life.