What's new

Post your favorite Blink182 song! ;)

Maxx77

Hi Blink182 fans, one of my favorites right now is Enthused and Apple Shampoo from "Dude Ranch" album, not to mention Feeling This from the last CD named Blink182 ;)

gooooooooooooooooood question..

From Cheshire Cat either "Sometimes" or "Romeo and Rebecca"

From Dude Ranch either "Apple Shampoo" or Damnit"

From Enama of the State I don't really have a favourite, worst album they did imo

From Take off your Pants and Jacket.. hmm probably "Online Songs"

From the new album defintely "Feeling This", very up down album, but that is by far the best song..

Overall favourite album is dude ranch.. JUST
Couldn't pick a fave song

pandamoan

Banned
Macca said:
the last song on each album.

cause then i know that its nearly over.

blink 182 is like the worst band ever. it's like the back street boys pretending to play punk.

it makes me want to be a different species to consider what they do as art.

please, please, stop this thread.

pandamoan said:
blink 182 is like the worst band ever. it's like the back street boys pretending to play punk.

it makes me want to be a different species to consider what they do as art.

please, please, stop this thread.

I see you've heard cheshire cat :w00t: ... NOT :baaa:

If people like Blink 182 whats the prob? Or is that lining poloticians pockets too?! :naughty: Sorry i can't resist..

I'd take Muse over Blink 182 anyday, does that mean i'll insult Blink 182 for fun? Nah, people are just jelous cos they made money the hard way and then went pop. Besdies its not like Rancid keep a low media profile is it?

2fast4u

hrm .. taken from their new album probably "feeling this" which is really good after youve listened to it a few times tho im not too excited about the rest of the songs. ("i miss you" is a pain in the ears)

pandamoan

Banned
sytaylor said:
Nah, people are just jelous cos they made money the hard way and then went pop.

the HARD way is learning 3 power chords and repeating them endlessly while whining about teenage aingst?

what the hell is the easy way?

LOL

OP
M

Maxx77

Hi Sytaylor, let's defend the best armonic punk rock band!

Your opinion is welcome Pandamoan, I only expect tolerance, either you like Blink182 or don't like Blink182, but the hate over a band is what I do not understand.

I like Blink182 for it's originality and unorthodox way of making music, not to mention Travis from Blink182 being considered the best drummer in the world for many specialized people.

My other favorites are: Adam's Song, Dumpweed, A New Hope ;)

Pandamoan(er): surley my point about Rancid still stands, they are perhaps the best "pure" punk band of the last 5 years, and yet their style hasn't gone through a radical change.

Blink 182 are phenomenal live, they put on one helluva show, their mix of angst and chords may not be to your liking but there is both artistic content and musical talent in there which no musician can deny. They have worked to get where they are, and with the exception of Enema of the State they fully deserve their fortunes imo.

joel_029

Lead Guitarist
If you think Blink182 is all about simple power chords then maybe you should check out M&M's from their Cheshire Cat album. That song alone will totally kill that statement. And what punk or most rock bands don't use simple power chords. Almost every type of music be it pop, rock, punk, country and every variation of each, uses power chords.

And that's not all every song is. Or do you just not here the use of picking scales and such. It takes talent to write harmonies and stuff that sounds good together. And also, what's wrong with teen aignst anyway? If a large group of people can identify with your music and love it to death, then who cares what people like you think about their music.

OP
M

Maxx77

While I respect the opinion of all the anti-blink people here, blink's cd's are sold faster than light-speed, a LOT of people like their music, not to mention the new bands that try to emulate them.

So, in the end it's 50/50, some like blink and some hate blink, that's all, thanks for your opinions, helped me a lot really, it was just was I was hoping I would hear from people. LOL ;)

OP
M

Maxx77

My thread wasn't of the like of some people, well I'm sorry, and you can close or delete it, my intention was never to cause problems, I only wanted to know what songs people liked.

Maxx77

karth95

Lord of the Cats
dude, don't take it harsh. The people here are unable to see outside their own little world, and assume that just because it's different from what they would say or think or do it's wrong. Screw em.

OP
M

Maxx77

Thanks Karth95, as I stated before, I respect all the opinions I received in my thread, and most important of all: Long live to this webpage, the best emulator site in the net!

BTW I'm no punk, I only liked certain Blink's songs, nothing more.

karth95 said:
dude, don't take it harsh. The people here are unable to see outside their own little world, and assume that just because it's different from what they would say or think or do it's wrong. Screw em.

Very VERY True