What's new

Post-it Notes vs. Copy-Inhibited CDs

2fast4u

could be kinda interesting, i read this at *widely known website* today.

just a short summary (from the translator, not my english ;) ):

The new copy protection mechanisms on audio CDs prevent users to put on itself for the private use a copy. **** reader Karl enriches sent us to this topic just as ingenious as simple taps: A piece of post office It adhesive on the correct place that CD, can make the annoying copy protection ineffective.

EDIT: censored

Last edited:

Allnatural

:happy:

So simple, though I don't think I like the idea of a Post-it note whipping around at high rpm in my CDROM.:!!!:

Eagle

aka Alshain
Just out of curiosity, Where exactly on the CD would you put this post-it note to make a copy protection ineffective. I have my doubts about this. Maybe its because I don't understand the new copy protection though.

blizz

the article is in german so is there anyone (other than google or the fish) willing to translate it?

oh and there is another way around it if you still want to rip the disc put it in a normal CD player with digital out, plug that digital out into your soundcard and record the entire disc into one massive wav file, that wav file can the be easily split up into the tracks

copy protection can never stop those who are determined enough.

OP
2fast4u

2fast4u

i could translate it as well, no big deal.
actually the article didnt specifically point out where to put the post-it note but it appears the the cd contains a track of faulty data which prevents the computer from reading it, this is where u put the post-it note.

Eagle

aka Alshain
Hmm, well I'm not sure we should really post how to do it here. This is kind of borderline. Explaining how to rip a CD is not much different than explaining how to rip an N64 cartridge.

OP
2fast4u

2fast4u

i agree eagle. i edited out the links as well. so far nobody posted a detailed way to do it.

... slougi: shame on me for reading over it quickly this morning before i posted :blush: