What's new

Possible release date for 1964 0.9.9 ?!?!

OP
cozmo477477

cozmo477477

<TABLE BORDER BGCOLOR="white" BORDERCOLOR="navy" WIDTH=100%>​
<TR>
<th>[FONT="times new roman" size="4"]Well, thanks for the information, but i just have 1 thing to say, HOW THE HECK WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW! :D
i mean come on, in the first place the menu of the 1964 0.8.5 under compatability it will tell you what plugin to use, and of course i found a place to download these plugins, and secondly i never wanted to download any other emulator, other than 1964 0.8.5, so if thats the case with jabo's plugins then it wasnt my fault cause the only emulator i have is 1964.
oh yeah and what if i was to upload those zip files on to this post and let her download the ones i have?
:1964: [/FONT]</th>
</tr></table>

Last edited:

pandamoan

Banned
jesus i can't wait for the new 1964.... no more of these, "where do i find x plugin, and where is x plugins ini file, and where...."

jamie

scotty

The Great One
pandamoan said:
jesus i can't wait for the new 1964.... no more of these, "where do i find x plugin, and where is x plugins ini file, and where...."

jamie

I wish you were right but you're not, there will always be someone wanting to find a plugin for N64, itll never end, im sorry to go against you, but itll keep going on.

I wouldnt be surprised if after the final release of 1964, that people will ask when the next one comes on, lol. We all know its the final, but people just dont seem to understand, they want

revl8er

That Damn Good
There isn't anything we can do about people asking stupid questions like that. If people would actually read the forum then they would know where to find the answers to most of their questions.

scotty

The Great One
I know that people have to read, the problem is that not eveyone tends to read, or be around for awhile to notice.

Are we getting a little off topic, or is it just me?????

anyways I hope that 1964 DOESNT come out tomorrow, since Im not in town lol.

revl8er

That Damn Good
I just think that people shouldn't be too lazy to read the boards before posting.

Let's hope 1964 does come out tomorrow, because i'm anxious to try it out.

scotty

The Great One
Mystic Gohan said:
I just think that people shouldn't be too lazy to read the boards before posting.

Let's hope 1964 does come out tomorrow, because i'm anxious to try it out.

I am anxious to try it out as well, but I cant try it out tomorrow, but Id laugh if it did come out tomorrow, I mean they are testing it now, I assume it will be sometime soon, but NOT tomorrow,lol

revl8er

That Damn Good
It would be funny if it was released tomorrow, but I doubt that it would be. I think it will be sometime next week before it's released.

karth95

Lord of the Cats
why are you speculating this? I believe I was accepted to the beta, and the tools for releasing it to the testers aren't done yet. It would seem like it would be at least 2 weeks, maybe 3, before it would even be considered, especially considering the bugs that showed up in .83.

dukenukem

lord freiza
well it will be a bit before they probably will rollout the beta's to the testers but if i am one of them i won't be surprised if the last version isn't released for more than 4months later maybe alittle sooner.

dukenukem

lord freiza
well schibo sent me a pm to me saying he would update me when he has the ftp going which shouldn't be long now.I have been chosen as one of the lucky ones and can't wait to see how it does:).

pandamoan

Banned
well, there is one thing i definitely know... this won't be the FINAL version of 1964. It's open source, so someone will tweak something else eventually.

that's the great thing about open source!!!

jamie

revl8er

That Damn Good
Yeah that's a good thing, because I don't think that anyone can make a final version of a n64 emulator. The reason is because nobody can make an emulator that can run all n64 games.

scotty

The Great One
Mystic Gohan said:
Yeah that's a good thing, because I don't think that anyone can make a final version of a n64 emulator. The reason is because nobody can make an emulator that can run all n64 games.

WRONG, you can stop making an emulator if you choose to do so, its quite simple, you jsut stop and not do anymore on it. There are only 2 emulators that are actually being worked on now, the others are on hold or discontinued

pandamoan

Banned
scotty said:
WRONG, you can stop making an emulator if you choose to do so, its quite simple, you jsut stop and not do anymore on it. There are only 2 emulators that are actually being worked on now, the others are on hold or discontinued

actually, you are all wrong.

open source BY DEFINITION, means that some day, someone will likely pick up the pieces and trudge along to a new edition.

and there isn't ANYTHING that NOBODY can do, and that incudes having every n64 rom play.

1964 is damn close already, afaik. how many games don't show anything at all? like less than 10? any brilliant coder could probably change that and then tweak the playability until they ALL worked with THE SAME SET OF PLUGINS. it's just a matter of time and brains, really. and most likely lots of both.

unfortunately, 1964 has the brains, but hasn't had *much* time, as stupid real life always gets in the way.

jamie

revl8er

That Damn Good
Though 1964 could be discontinued, there will always be someone who will take the source and try to make 1964 better.