What's new

Possible Nvidia workaround?

b-chan009

I'm sure someone's thought about this by now, but I realized the Nvidia problem that plagues Sonic Adventure is probably 'caused by sunflares...I realized this because every time I throw someone in Soul Calibur, and there should be a sun flare, the screen goes blank...the same happens in other games where a sun flare would be present. Would it perhaps be possible to disable sunflares in Chankast somehow? :smurf:

Just thinking...please note that I'm not asking the developers to put something in to the emulator (I read the FAQ)...just thinking... :saint:

[[EDIT]]
If that's not possible, is there a way to possibly disable the sunflares in graphics card options (through windows)?

Chon

In sonic adventure 2 the 4th level is fully playable with nvidia cards, and there are sunflares too, so i dont think if the sunflares are the problem

OP
B

b-chan009

Chon said:
In sonic adventure 2 the 4th level is fully playable with nvidia cards, and there are sunflares too, so i dont think if the sunflares are the problem

Argh. Back to the drawing board...I'm pretty confident then that it may have to do with the way the Dreamcast portrayed the sun in certain games? In the intro to Soul Caliber, the glitch sometimes appears for a couple of seconds - perhaps it's because there's a sky with a sun in it? Or maybe it really IS just texture related. ::thinks:: :term:

DarthDazDC

An Alright Guy
the sun?! its the objects that are around the level, for example in the first level there are loads of buildings arent they? well the camera focuses on the 'background polygons'. But if you play metal harbour and green hill there are no objects around the level, so its fully playable.
The sun?!

OP
B

b-chan009

Well, I thought it was. xP I don't see why the buildings would make it do that though...aren't there other games with lots of buildings? I mean, SA1 has buildings, right?

DarthDazDC

An Alright Guy
yeah im not sure either, its not actually just buildings, its textures that are used to add that sense of atmosphere or detail around the level, so like if ur in a temple then the walls will be in your way. Its just a texture corruption that cant be solved with a simple method, well, if you select wireframe mode then you can play it but i personally dont like playing it like that. Just wait for the new version to arrive and hopefully it should be fixed