What's new

Portable Dreamcast

Talas

Son of the Sky
Hej everyone, I just read over at Emuunlim.com that there is a pirate, portable Dreamcast (called "Treamcast") in Hong Kong. You can see the original article under:

http://www.lik-sang.com/news.php?artc=2963

Has anyone of you had contact with one of those? Would anyone buy one? I wonder how good the quality of the screen is.

Dreamcast rules!:happy:

OP
Talas

Talas

Son of the Sky
It says that its about 1200 and 1500 HK $ How much is that in €? About the same? That would be pretty much.

OP
Talas

Talas

Son of the Sky
What? That would be only about 160€!!! Wow, thats really cheap. I wonder if one could get some of those on ebay. I´ll have a quick look. :saint:

OP
Talas

Talas

Son of the Sky
Nope, no luck on Ebay. Darn, that would be just cool. Why doesnt Sega try to support something like that? Maybe they could make a buck or two with it.:geek:

neoak

Triforce of Something...
NeOak to the rescue!

I come here to the rescue :happy:
icon11.gif

http://www.lan-kwei.com/dcE

A portable Dreamcast called Treamcast surfaced on the HK market several weeks ago. That time we received a sample, and now that it is produced, we can offer it to you. This DC is an unofficial product, neither sponsored nor endorsed by Sega company. It rather uses american base machines put into a custom case with an LCD screen, and can be treated as a collector's item - who will use the screen anyway if the TV is next to you, right? However it's a nice thing to keep your kids quiet during a road trip. It comes in a black zipper-case, with 2 joypads, a car adaptor, AC adaptor, and VCD remote. Yes, this DC can playback VCDs, SVCDs, and MP3 CDs as well as american DC titles. It retails for $189. Here are some shots - the first one depicts the whole set, the second one shows the machine running a "Beverly Hills Cop" VCD:

Here is a look to the complete set:
3f5ec9e0.jpg

Running the "Beverly Hills Cop" VideoCD (HK copy):
3f7ec9e0.jpg

I don't believe that about the SVCDs... as they are MPEG2.

apexad

you all do realize this is a normal dreamcast with a new top half that has an lcd screen? It's portbability only comes from the cigaretter lighter thing, which would no doubt work with the original dreamcast. the actual console is not smaller at all. you could make this costum system for a lot less then you coud buy that one.