What's new

POKEMON stadium transfer pack help

Spawnraider

I'm becoming stressed out from all this crap. I've been searching the boards for help for 2 hours now and none of the help i found was useful to me.

I'm using the nrage input plugin v2
with the directories for the transfer pack exactly being:

GB ROM FILE
C:\Documents and Settings\Klaudiusz\Desktop\bgb\Pokemon Crystal.gbc

GB ROM SAVE
C:\Documents and Settings\Klaudiusz\Desktop\bgb\Pokemon Crystal.sav

The mempack directory is:
C:\Documents and Settings\Klaudiusz\Desktop\Project64 1.6\Save

(I'm not even sure whether the info i just stated is of any use.)

I select the transfer pak from the list of mempack, rumble pack, etc.
I put in the directories that are above into the slots.

I then leave it the way it is and save with transfer pack being selected.
I start up the rom and at the gamepak chect it says:

???
ID *****
tHis gamepack cannot be used

Please help me with this problem.

Himiorcu

Hey I got the same problem. I have the nrage latest version, nrage 2.0v2.0. but the problem still happens. If somemore info on the solution beside the given one would be very helpful.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
is that pokemon stadium? or pokemon stadium 2.

Crystal gold, and silver will only work on Pokemon stadium 2.

i can load up the mentioned roms without issue into Stadium 2 on the latest Nrage plugin

Himiorcu

I got stadium 2. I just started silver, got the starter creature, saved then i tried. I am not sureif there has to be a certain spot that you have to reach before hand or not.

as for stadium 1, does that work only with red, blue. or does the other (green and yellow) work as well.

Thank you very much for your help.

squall_leonhart

yellow will work with pokemon stadium

green will only work on poketmonsters stadium[J].

i think you need to get to the second town before it will work.

Himiorcu

thx for the info i am going to try that. i will post later today if there is any other problems. thx again.

OP
S

Spawnraider

Ok I switched the pokemon crystal files with pokemon gold and it works well now. I guess the rom may have been the problem.

imscuba

i have also run into a problem, when i go to the controller plugin config it wont show the transfer pack. unless im doing something wrong there is a problem. can someone help?

EDIT i found out how to get to my gb roms, but i dont have a mempak... how do i get one?

Last edited:

squall_leonhart

oh, yeah you can.

but they don't actually go onto the cartridge.

when your selecting your pokemon you can select the ones that are in the gameboy games current party or in the pc box's

it saves the data on that party into the games native save and you can select them at will from there,

imscuba

im sry, but right now im either not reading it write, or not thinking right, can u give me more of a step by step process if possible? if you will thank you i would greatly appreciate this

Krusha

The helpful one
1. Load up Pokémon stadium (1 or 2)

2. Go to Options/Configure controller plugin

3. Go to controller pak on the tab menu (provided your using N rage input plugin V2)

4. Select the directory of the ROM you want to use (Pokémon stadium 2 should work with all Gb/Gbc Pokemon games while Pokémon stadium 1 will only work with red yellow and blue)

5. Re-start the game

6. Go into the game and when the menu comes up it should say if the control pak connection was successful

7. If it was then when you use certain battles and stuff in the game the "C Box 1, 2, 3, 4 ect" will be available and you can use your Pokémon in the game

8. The game WILL freeze if you play the GB tower (most of the time, some computers are fine with it)

Hope that helps :bouncy:

imscuba

1. Load up Pokémon stadium (1 or 2)

2. Go to Options/Configure controller plugin

3. Go to controller pak on the tab menu (provided your using N rage input plugin V2)

4. Select the directory of the ROM you want to use (Pokémon stadium 2 should work with all Gb/Gbc Pokemon games while Pokémon stadium 1 will only work with red yellow and blue)

5. Re-start the game

6. Go into the game and when the menu comes up it should say if the control pak connection was successful

7. If it was then when you use certain battles and stuff in the game the "C Box 1, 2, 3, 4 ect" will be available and you can use your Pokémon in the game

8. The game WILL freeze if you play the GB tower (most of the time, some computers are fine with it)

Hope that helps :bouncy:
i dont see the controller pak tab for step 3. i have both project 64 v1.4 and project 64k version .13 core 1.4 or at least thats wat it says at the top.

Krusha

The helpful one
1.Update to the newest version of PJ64.
2.Make sure your using N rage input plugin V2 (controller plugin).
3.PJ64K is not supported here questions about it have much less of a chance of being answered.
4. Try now and see what you get.