What's new

Pokemon Stadium 2 additional probs

Kemp

I'm using v1.6 release (not the beta RDB) and I have graphical problems in Pokemon Stadium 2 (and I don't appear to have the problems reported in the GameFAQ). When you choose an attack and press R to check what the key bindings are, the helper is completely white with only the attack names visible, also the background regularily goes completely black so you can only see the pokemon and any effects that have been overlayed (overlaid? neither looks right :huh: ).

Any thoughts?

OP
K

Kemp

Ok, I tried that just now. It fixes the issues I described but now the trees in the background are flat and white and the ground looks like this:

It looks vaguely like a clipping issue to me as it's mainly the part of the ground near the camera that gets blanked, but it's a rather large area for that and sometimes it's a lot further away.

Last edited:

da1writer

When i first saw this post... i hoped that the person who made it did a search afterward... but it seems not so. I mentioned in a few post before this one about my plugins test with Pokemon Stadium 2. Here's a link to it but i'll also repost what i said after this link below (lazy...yes I am :)...):
http://www.emutalk.net/project64/29377-plugin-pokemon-stadium-2-a.html?highlight=pokemon+stadium

Let me do a plugin test then:
1.Default Plugin (Jabo D3d8 1.6)...almost perfect! The only problems I find are when i'm choosing attacks (White square) or when I'm looking at my pokemon while i'm choosing them.
Are you sure you don't have Force Alpha blending on? This causes the ground to be black...
2.Jabo D3d6 1.5.2... too many errors! If i list them I might fall asleep from writing them all...
3.Jabo D3d7 1.4 (I think i'm the only one that still uses that plugin)... hell no. Too many scenes/screens are missing.
4. Rice 6.1.1 beta 10 (Finally updated this plugin )... why is everything in boxes? Try it to find out what i mean...
5. Direct 64 0.5.03.20 and glN64 0.4.1... why are some of the words missing? Another must see ...
6.Glide64 v.0.8... is our winner! Perfectly emulates everything exactly the way it should be... but i do think there's suppose to be something flashy on the field when the pokeballs comeout... I could be wrong...
There's your answer... i hope that helped you out...

Oh and here's Glide64v.0.8 before you ask where to get it:
http://www.emuxhaven.net/~glide64/downloads.php
Plz read the readme that is included with the download (zip). It will tell you how to install it...

Last edited:
OP
K

Kemp

Doh, sorry about that one, really should have noticed it. Thanks for the help though. I'll grab and try the Glide plugin, I haven't already got that one.

Edit:
Ok, other than a few minor issues that plugin works flawlessly, thanks a lot for that.

Last edited: