What's new

pokemon snap help

craiganater

I read what needs to be done on the project 64 website, but i don't quite know how to get the PKMN album photos to run even with the sites help
:nemu:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Options --> Configure graphics Plugin --> Uncheck Hide Advanced Settings.

Go to the Advanced tab and enable Copy Framebuffer to RDRAM.

Thundaar

1&OnlY ThUnDeR K1d
Erm...

I've been having this problem with 1.7 and for some reason Copy Framebuffer to RDRAM isn't letting me see the pictures. Should I dump the plugins from the 1.6 version to the 1.7 folders and try those? The speed is insane which may be a factor I could see using the 1.6 plugins. I don't want to make another topic for no reason so could someone help me out here?

OP
C

craiganater

My rookie experience would just say play around with the graphics settings, see if anything works.

Also a few of the special pokemon arent working (E.G Muk, Starmie, Dugtrio) i do what the Faqs say exactly but im not sure if im doing them wrong or the emulator wont read that ive dont them

Last edited:

Thundaar

1&OnlY ThUnDeR K1d
Thank you i got it, is there anything to fix the signs?

I looked into this more and I found out that the plugin (Jabos 1.6) doesn't work as well as others with this game (IE. Glide64 Wonder ++). To get it all you need to do is Google "Glide64" and it should take you to their official website if you click on "I'm Feeling Lucky". There you can download it and open the .RAR or .ZIP file. After this you have to extract or unzip everything to the Project64 Folder. I think everything in those folders go in the main folder and only the glide3x.dll goes in the plugins folder (you'll need to open the folders and move their contents into the main folder and plugins folders). If you want to verify it you can go to one of the plugins boards on this site and they could tell you everything about it there.

EDIT: They have a framebuffer feature as well on this plugin (which you have to switch to via the menu) and I believe it's automatically enabled. You'll have to check the video settings when the plugin is there.

Last edited:

Agozer

Glide3x.dll doesn't go into the Plugin folder, but rather in the emulator folder.

Thundaar

1&OnlY ThUnDeR K1d
Glide3x.dll doesn't go into the Plugin folder, but rather in the emulator folder.

You're probably right, my computer crashed so I lost all my info including Project64 and I set up all the plugins a long time ago (which was difficult considering I had to try moving them around the main and plugin folder until they worked). I just got the plugin working yesterday after trying to figure out what goes where. I do know that it works well with Pokemon Snap (I think you'll be able to see the signs with it as well).

OP
C

craiganater

so extract it to just the whole project64 folder?
I got the glide64 wonder++ and put the dll and only the dll file into the plugins folder and i didnt work then i put it into the project 64 folder and it didnt work then i put it into the 3rd party plugins and it didnt work

Last edited:

Agozer

All plugin DLL files go into the Plugin folder. All other DLL files (like the Glide3x.dll wrapper) go into the emulator folder. Glide64 Wonder++ does not work on non-Glide video cards unless Glide3x.dll file is present in the emulator folder.

Last edited: